The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread! (Vol. 3)

Brock

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't you just say that she sold the locket for 10 thousand bucks?  The house in Palm Springs won't pay for itself you know!

The opening bid was in the neighbourhood of $300 - $400. Bidding fans drove it from $500-ish to $10,000 in the last 10 seconds of the auction.

Brock, it's not me saying she said something, she did indeed say it, that she was upset she hadn't sold everything at auction to make a killing the way the Kennedy kids did.  I just think that the more she had kept, the more it's always gaining value as the years go by, it's her guaranteed income for the rest of her life and quite a bit of money by the time she gets Lucy's age. 

Do you know how much stuff Lucy herself gave away over the years. In Mike's book he mentions her packing up clothes to give to Goodwill. I've always heard Lucy reference giving stuff away to charity, friends, etc... She never thought of the stuff as mokney makers but it also wasn't a thing at the time.

Exactly, Lucy was just a practical person, she needed closet space so she gave stuff out, remember her trying to console Ann Dussenberry after the failure of Life with Loosil by giving her some of her clothes, that's just the way she was.  Wonder what Lucy did with her own mother's things. 

Archived