Lucy Clippings: The 1930's

Lucyilove

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly, one of the best actresses of her era.  Problem is with those older stars is they should always have a photo when they do their obits as so few seem to know them by name.  Didn't Marie have that great line in that famous Jean Harlow movie?  JEAN SAYS:  THEY SAY THAT ONE DAY MACHINES ARE GOING TO TAKE THE PLACE OF EVERY PROFESSION!   And Marie cracks . . . THAT'S NOTHING YOU NEED TO WORRY ABOUT MY DEAR!  As Jean looks like a hooker. 

Exactly, one of the best actresses of her era.  Problem is with those older stars is they should always have a photo when they do their obits as so few seem to know them by name.  Didn't Marie have that great line in that famous Jean Harlow movie?  JEAN SAYS:  THEY SAY THAT ONE DAY MACHINES ARE GOING TO TAKE THE PLACE OF EVERY PROFESSION!   And Marie cracks . . . THAT'S NOTHING YOU NEED TO WORRY ABOUT MY DEAR!  As Jean looks like a hooker. 

Well, I was close anyway, LOL!  Great scene.  Marie's delivery is Lucy worthy.  Another old actress I remember is Jane Darwell, and most people wouldn't know her name but they might remember her as Henry Fonda's mom in the great GRAPES OF WRATH.

Most people know who she is if you call her "The Bird Woman in Mary Poppins".

I find it interesting she's quoted about how comedians have staying power and then lists a bunch of people I never heard of.

At least the one truth is no one is saying "Do you remembere Lucille Ball. I wonder what became oh her?"

EXACTLY, I knew none of them (besides being introduced to them here, thanks for the video Brock)

Its funny though, it wasn't the comedy movies that held the world's attention as it laughed, it was Lucy Ricardo (TV). 

Even though most of this is...it shows her ambition. She was, and was always willing to work- and to think, she was working  

up until her final years. I think generations to come, will know Lucy

• 3 months later...

I thought this flower shop thing was just stuff written about in mags. I never knew there was a whole shop with a name.

I have a feeling this picture was taken on the RKO lot. It wouldn't surprise me if after this photo was taken they changed the sign to "Fay Wray's Pecan Pralines" and then to "Betty Grable's Sweet Shop and Soda Fountain." 

Archived