November 24, PBS: Carol Burnett receives the Mark Twain Prize

Brock

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't get to see this. Would someone care to share the baby shower anecdote?

Lucie said that Lucy just loved giving baby showers for her girlfriends.  She would also invite the husbands and a great time was had by all.  It was for Carol's daughter who was sitting next to her in the box at the Kennedy Center.  I forget the rest but I saw today that it says this show is being rebroadcast later in the week, several times as a matter of fact. 

Nope, you're the only one who's even noticed, so thanks!  :viv1:

The bottom one's nice too, at the ranch, looking so sexy that a gay guy would do her, so young and pretty there.  One of my all time favorite pics of her is on the back of a Lucy book with her at that ranch, in color, looking sexier than Adam Levine naked on a plate.

The bottom one's nice too, at the ranch, looking so sexy that a gay guy would do her, so young and pretty there.  One of my all time favorite pics of her is on the back of a Lucy book with her at that ranch, in color, looking sexier than Adam Levine naked on a plate.

Okay, eww. It is though one of my all-time fave pictures of her, so young, so happy....beautiful long real hair, etc.  Loved this pic ever since I first saw it on the back of Tom's Loving Lucy book.

Thanks for the Adam Levine.....visual... But I so respectfully DISAGREE!!!

Oy!

:D

Okay, eww. It is though one of my all-time fave pictures of her, so young, so happy....beautiful long real hair, etc.  Loved this pic ever since I first saw it on the back of Tom's Loving Lucy book. :D

Oh yeah, I think that's the one I was referring to.  No need for the lift contraption back then.

Thanks, I was trying to tie that in there but couldn't succeed whereas you did.  And you didn't agree about Adam being the bee's knees?

I must have read it wrong because at the moment I can't think of anything sexier than Adam Levine naked on a plate! :HALKING: 

Thanks for the "visual" that will not die!! :lucyhorror:

I must have read it wrong because at the moment I can't think of anything sexier than Adam Levine naked on a plate! :HALKING: 

Thanks for the "visual" that will not die!! :lucyhorror:

Think how great he'd look without those stupid tattoos though.  And to bring it back on topic, I was thinking, wouldn't it have been great to see Suzanne doing Lucy, older Lucy, at that tribute to Carol.

The bit about Gary on the steps giving commentary was funny.

I heard Carol telling that story on a talk show she did with Lucy, David Frost I think.  I think the daughter had just been born.  Lucy made some remark about ALL the children Carol had, referring to Joe Hamilton's kids, and Carol said "Well I didn't have them all myself."

I wonder if Carol stayed in touch with them of if the divorce ruined that. 

Think how great he'd look without those stupid tattoos though.  And to bring it back on topic, I was thinking, wouldn't it have been great to see Suzanne doing Lucy, older Lucy, at that tribute to Carol.

Honestly? No, not at this point. I don't think her "older" Lucy is nearly as convincing or enjoyable as Lucy Ricardo-Lucy, but maybe that's just me... What the show really could have used, IMHO, rather than another "unknown" (that blonde one was enough!) was more "star power" -- a la Betty White or Alan Alda or even Florence Henderson (they're good friends).  Just sayin'...  :lucyhmm:

I heard Carol telling that story on a talk show she did with Lucy, David Frost I think. I think the daughter had just been born. Lucy made some remark about ALL the children Carol had, referring to Joe Hamilton's kids, and Carol said "Well I didn't have them all myself."

I wonder if Carol stayed in touch with them of if the divorce ruined that.

One of Joe Hamilton's sons produced the 2001 Carol Burnett Show Show Stoppers special, so I would think that there is still a relationship between Carol and the Hamilton children. I can't think of any instances of Carol speaking about them in recent years, though.

Archived