I LOVE LUCY DAY!

C L A U D E

Just put on the computer and found a pic of Lucy with the proclamation that this is I Love Lucy day.  Had no idea.  There were twenty one questions on Lucy and the information was correct for once.  Guess it's appropriate that this day, the premiere of I Love Lucy would be chosen to honor our Lady of Beverly Hills.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As this is Our Feat Day, I am particularly pleased the ILL Stage Show is opening tonight in Toronto on the very stage Lucy performed Dream Girl. Can't wait to see this on October 26.

Lucy toured with Dream Girl in Toronto???  I know Toronto is a big Broadway tryout place but I did not know that was the case even way back then.  Hey, have to ask you, bought a book on the Skydome yesterday and behind it there is this beautiful building that looks like an inverted soup bowl, what is that?

As this is Our Feat Day, I am particularly pleased the ILL Stage Show is opening tonight in Toronto on the very stage Lucy performed Dream Girl. Can't wait to see this on October 26.

I can't wait to hear your review of this... not to be a wet blanket but I guess I'm really in the minority not liking it very much -- and believe me, I wanted to LOVE it!  :lucywow:

I can't wait to hear your review of this... not to be a wet blanket but I guess I'm really in the minority not liking it very much -- and believe me, I wanted to LOVE it!  :lucywow:

After seeing clips from it on their commercial here, I tend to agree with you, hard to duplicate any of those people, especially LUCY.

So you all are saying I shouldn't be upset that this hasn't made it to my city -- or even state -- yet?  LOL

I'm saying it won't come HERE either and you won't see me angry at missing it, however, if it had, I might have sprung for the money just to see it and enjoy the TRIBUTE.

0aa34.jpg?w=290&h=300

Celebrating the premiere of one of television’s all time greatest shows, I Love Lucy, October 15 annually celebrates

National I Love Lucy Day.

I Love Lucy, an American sitcom starring Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, Vivian Vance and William Frawley made its debut on October 15, 1951.  In four of its six seasons, I Love Lucy was the most-watched show in the United States and was the first to end its run at the top of the Nielsen ratings.

• Was the first scripted television program to be shot live on 35 mm film in front of a studio audience
  • Won five Emmy Awards
  • Received numerous nominations
  • 2002 – Ranked second on TV Guide’s list of television’s greatest shows
  • 2007 – Listed as one of Time magazine’s “100 Best TV Shows of All-TIME.”
  • I Love Lucy remains popular with an American audience of 40 million people each year.

http://nationaldaycalendar.com/2013/10/15/october-15-2013-national-grouch-day-white-cane-safety-day-national-pregnancy-and-infant-loss-remembrance-day-national-i-love-lucy-day-national-latino-aids-awareness-day-national-mushroom/

0aa34.jpg?w=290&h=300

Celebrating the premiere of one of television’s all time greatest shows, I Love Lucy, October 15 annually celebrates

National I Love Lucy Day.

I Love Lucy, an American sitcom starring Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, Vivian Vance and William Frawley made its debut on October 15, 1951.  In four of its six seasons, I Love Lucy was the most-watched show in the United States and was the first to end its run at the top of the Nielsen ratings.

• Was the first scripted television program to be shot live on 35 mm film in front of a studio audience
  • Won five Emmy Awards
  • Received numerous nominations
  • 2002 – Ranked second on TV Guide’s list of television’s greatest shows
  • 2007 – Listed as one of Time magazine’s “100 Best TV Shows of All-TIME.”
  • I Love Lucy remains popular with an American audience of 40 million people each year.

http://nationaldaycalendar.com/2013/10/15/october-15-2013-national-grouch-day-white-cane-safety-day-national-pregnancy-and-infant-loss-remembrance-day-national-i-love-lucy-day-national-latino-aids-awareness-day-national-mushroom/

W O W I E W O W , 40 million people still watching the show every year, in the US alone, imagine worldwide.

Archived