The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread (Vol. 4)

Brock

k2.jpeg

Not too sure, but that dress is a pretty beautiful and unique one. I haven't seen her in this ever, and the way she loves to repeat her clothes, its pretty surprising. I have a feeling, she gave it to some one shortly after wearing it. 

Check out the wig.

1211.jpeg

I have ALWAYS wondered if there was ever a picture of Lucy, relaxing in bed- NEVER EVER EVER thinking of it being possible because it was said to me

that Lucy didn't like home candid snapshots unless prepared and done up in some way- but here it is- WOW

this lady was ALWAYS photographed lolol I love it. It mustve been during an unexpected nap or down time, because her hair is done up and she has her eye brow pencil on and lipstick applied! diva AND THE WIG!!!! OMG!!!! Its funny to see she kept her carrot orange top, although the shade of her wigs would be a little different in color

1205.jpeg

I noticed Lucy did a  lot of vacation trips during the 60s-70s did she do much of it with Desi? I know they took a trip to Europe during some time around 1959-60, but did they travel much and do vacations back then? Seems like they brought the world to the Desilu Ranch instead 

I had always thought the same thing about travel in those 1941-1951 years. From what I have put together over the years I think they did go many places together but their schedules in those years , work and the Army probably did not let them go very far for too long. I’ve come across things indicating vacationing type trips in various parts of the US, so they did travel I just don’t think out of the US. The first mention I find of anything overseas was in 1950 for the London tour which was canceled due to Lucy getting pregnant. I did come across some sort of movie star promotional thing where they went to Mexico around 1941.

Of course there was the 59’ Europe trip. We also know from the home movies they went to Hawaii in 57’. I’m wondering if they went there before then. I think the 50’s they didn’t travel out of the country was having more time with the kids growing up and having the Palm Springs house was the vacation spot.

There were more factors that made travel easier in the 60’s and 70’s. Jet travel got better, the kids were off at their dad’s in the summer, more flexibility in schedules, and a lot more money.

• Like 1

I would love to know where this was taken. It seems a bit much for a home setup but has enough personal touches to make it seem not enough for the hair and makeup at the studio.

My 2 guesses are in her new dressing room after buying RKO or the personal beauty parlor thing in the pool house. It seems rather big for the pool house though.

Well she clearly gained weight from the late 30s to the early 40s but that was a much needed gain, she looked way to thin in the 30s. I also think that it was a very gradual gain. She seemed to be about the same size in the 40s. If she did gain around the Sorrowful time then she hide it well. I bet it was a quick gain.

I'm never a fan of short hair on Lucy as it always made her look older. Right before this impulsive cut is what I think is the longest she ever had her hair. She cuts it again after the first baby too but not quite as drastic. Then there is that late 50s cut. For the most after that I think she doesn't alter the lengh as much.

Claude around this time Lucy had a few of these print tops so I gotta match this one up. Toughest thing with that is how much she rewore stuff so you have to check out things like hair, jewelry and shoes to match photos.