The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread (Vol. 4)

Brock

753653341_o.jpg

I love this photo! It was actually taken by Kenny Rodgers? for his photo book made in the 80s? and looks exceptional, setting and pose wise- but face wise...eh...

To me, I think her retouch is nice, but is too heavily done- she's recognizable, but only after a hard look. 

Everything is so airbrushed and washed away, until it takes out her normal, natural features that makes her look so distinctive and gives her this- odd look. Nice, but odd LOL. The details in her mouth and eyes are so gone- its a lil  bathetic- theres nothing to really enjoy about it, besides her expression, everything is either meshed together or erased. Nice look none the less tho

753653341_o.jpg

$_57.JPG

This photo was indeed taken by singer Kenny Rogers for his book, "Your Friends of Mine". It was taken in 1986 on the set of LWL and what a wonderful moment to be present! Lucy barely finished a scene, changed her clothes and strolled onto the end area of the soundstage, where Rogers had set up a little vignette for her. She was friendly & cordial to Kenny and sat for about 15-20 minutes and then back to work! The cool thing (besides being there) was to watch Kenny photograph and interact with her; watch Lucy go into her familiar poses and facial expressions and then see Rogers hand Tom Watson several large 8x10 color Polaroids for safekeeping to show to Lucy later. These Polaroids were unretouched of course, but she glowed! When I saw the finished product in the book, I was a little dismayed that he "blowtorched" her, but that's how he saw her.

BTW…here is the cover of "Your Friends of Mine", fairly easy to find on Amazon and very, very low priced.

KennyRogersBook.JPG

• Like 1

Well, it DOES at least look like her, not so the Blakglama one, LOL!  The whole point of the Blackglama campaign is to show people who don't need to have their name showing, and yet, first time I saw it, I wasn't sure it was her at all.  I don't agree with Lee's suggestion that she should have been like she was in Queen of the Gypsies, no other star ever had to resort to posing as they once did in a show or movie, they're such icons that they all have their signature LOOK and they sure loused up hers.  Sophisticated is the only positive word I could use to describe the picture.

It's from the set of that Right/Wrong movie so maybe their director.

It's from the set of that Right/Wrong movie so maybe their director.

$_57.JPG

335726448_o.jpg?nc=987

Top shot is famed gossip columnist, Sheliah Graham, JW and LB and yep, bottom shot was taken during TRYW at RKO with KK, director David Butler and visiting from Road to Singapore, Crosby in 1939.