What episodes are you watching on "The Lucy Show"?

In the midst of a Season One marathon:

- Lucy, the Music Lover

- Lucy Puts Up a TV Antenna

- Vivian Sues Lucy

- Lucy Builds A Rumpus Room

- Lucy & Her Electric Mattress

- Together For Christmas (is running right now. It's a little late but I'm a free thinker)

Yeah and you can play the New Year's eve one for Easter, LOL!

Season Two

LUCY TEACHES ETHEL MERMAN TO SING and

ETHEL MERMAN AND THE BOY SCOUTS SHOW - Too bad Ethel 'as herself' is "great lady Ethel Merman" not "bawdy and brassy dame Ethel Merman" now those would have been some fun shows! (And couldn't they have done an Ethel Mertz in-joke).

Season Three

LUCY AND ARTHUR GODFREY - I liked this one a lot in spite of Arthur Godfrey (he was way before my time but I knew him from his fairly rare 70s/80s tv appearances); he clearly is reading from cue cards at points but he can't ruin the fairly delightful musical parody with great performances from Lucy, Viv, and Gale.

LUCY AND THE OLD MANSION -Nice to see Lucy, Ann Sothern and Vivian Vance all together, those three gals made this one work despite it's silliness.

LUCY AND THE BEAUTY DOCTOR - This one seemed to go on forever, it almost seemed like a double episode and have no idea who that TV personality is who plays himself in it although he worked with Lucy and Carol Burnett several times according to IMDb.

Season Two

LUCY TEACHES ETHEL MERMAN TO SING and

ETHEL MERMAN AND THE BOY SCOUTS SHOW - Too bad Ethel 'as herself' is "great lady Ethel Merman" not "bawdy and brassy dame Ethel Merman" now those would have been some fun shows! (And couldn't they have done an Ethel Mertz in-joke).

Season Three

LUCY AND ARTHUR GODFREY - I liked this one a lot in spite of Arthur Godfrey (he was way before my time but I knew him from his fairly rare 70s/80s tv appearances); he clearly is reading from cue cards at points but he can't ruin the fairly delightful musical parody with great performances from Lucy, Viv, and Gale.

LUCY AND THE OLD MANSION -Nice to see Lucy, Ann Sothern and Vivian Vance all together, those three gals made this one work despite it's silliness.

LUCY AND THE BEAUTY DOCTOR - This one seemed to go on forever, it almost seemed like a double episode and have no idea who that TV personality is who plays himself in it although he worked with Lucy and Carol Burnett several times according to IMDb.

Lucy's BEST shows were always when she co starred with friends or people she loved and admired and the Ethel Merman ones were terrific.

Been in a Lucy Show kind of mood for the past few days. Feel like starting with season 1 and watching in order through season 5! Finished season 1 today, I'll see Cleopatra Carmichael on the treadmill before work tomorrow morning! :professor:

Funny, i did that with ILL, and i've been in a Lucy show mood myself lately, i have taught you well grasshopper! :lucythrill:

Watched three of my very favorite LUCY SHOWS last night -

LUCY MEETS A MILLIONAIRE

LUCY ENTERS A BAKING CONTEST (possibly my favorite TLS and very nostalgic Lucy Ricardo-Ethel Mertz like feud!)

LUCY THE COIN COLLECTOR - this is a personally sentimental episode for me as I vividly recall watching a rerun of it in the late 1960's on the morning reruns one day with my second cousins at their grandma (my aunt's) house. I remember they thought Lucy crying "I lost my penny!" was the funniest thing in the world. This is one of my earliest Lucy memories, I guess I was around 7 or 8. My cousins were huge Lucy fans ("modern" Lucy as I LOVE LUCY was not rerun in our area), I remember a few years later my family went on vacation to California and among the sites we saw was Movieland Wax Museum; I sent them a postcard letting them know I saw their favorite Lucy if only in wax.

Watched three of my very favorite LUCY SHOWS last night -

LUCY MEETS A MILLIONAIRE

LUCY ENTERS A BAKING CONTEST (possibly my favorite TLS and very nostalgic Lucy Ricardo-Ethel Mertz like feud!)

LUCY THE COIN COLLECTOR - this is a personally sentimental episode for me as I vividly recall watching a rerun of it in the late 1960's on the morning reruns one day with my second cousins at their grandma (my aunt's) house. I remember they thought Lucy crying "I lost my penny!" was the funniest thing in the world. This is one of my earliest Lucy memories, I guess I was around 7 or 8. My cousins were huge Lucy fans ("modern" Lucy as I LOVE LUCY was not rerun in our area), I remember a few years later my family went on vacation to California and among the sites we saw was Movieland Wax Museum; I sent them a postcard letting them know I saw their favorite Lucy if only in wax.

I also think two of those are just great but Millionnaire was never a BIG fave, but i'll give it another try as they show it on You Tube all the time, maybe i've forgotten how great it was. And if YOU say it's great, i should give it another shot.

I also think two of those are just great but Millionnaire was never a BIG fave, but i'll give it another try as they show it on You Tube all the time, maybe i've forgotten how great it was. And if YOU say it's great, i should give it another shot.

I wouldn't say it was quite as fantastic as the other two but I really liked it especially when the wonderfful segment when Lucy is caught off guard at the millionaire's unexpected visit to her home.

I've never understood the love for this episode. The Baking Contest scene itself is brilliant but everything leading up to it was... well, I agree with Lucy. LOL There was something off about it.

I've never understood the love for this episode. The Baking Contest scene itself is brilliant but everything leading up to it was... well, I agree with Lucy. LOL There was something off about it.

It was a good episode but it always made me so mad the way Lucy's friends ragged on her about her baking skills. Mean bitches! :lucyeww::lucyhorror:

I wouldn't say it was quite as fantastic as the other two but I really liked it especially when the wonderfful segment when Lucy is caught off guard at the millionaire's unexpected visit to her home.

I do remember liking her dress, from that restaurant scene in Yours Mine And Ours, right? She looked sensational in it. It's similar to the one she wore on the Lawrence Welk ep, but in a different color.