Vivian Photos

Brock

• 4 weeks later...

Oh wow, what year was that Emmy shot from?  Who's the little girl?

The little girl is actress Evelyn Rudie who became (and may still be) at age 7 the youngest person ever to be nominated for an Emmy - Best Actress in a Single Performance.  I believe the lady on the far right is Claire Trevor who won in that category for Dodsworth.  Evelyn created a sensation as Kay Thompson's children's book character Eloise in a tv adaptation that year.  She was quite active in tv and films in the late 1950's and then basically disappeared in the early 1960's.  I was stunned to just learn on IMDb that this past year she is back in the limelight for the first time in over 50 years hosting the regional tv show SANTA MONICA ON STAGE.  Anybody in California seen this show?

The photo would be from 1957 for the 1956-57 season awards,

Viv fared better than Eve I think.

Definitely Hirschfield on an off day! I actually thought the middle one was supposed to be Vivian before the caption came up.  I don't think any of the actresses came off well, he's got Viv looking like she's audtioning for Whatever Happened to Baby Jane.  Viv had such beautiful eyes I cannot believe Hirschfield just drew them as black dots.

Cool though that three ILL actresses were together on stage almost a decade before the series (Eve of course had a cameo in LA AT LAST; Edith Meiser was Phoebe Littlefield in two episodes.)  Edith was a fantastic actress, so wonderful starring in Dorothy Parker's Horsie in one of the segments in the QUEEN FOR A DAY feature film, a shame she didn't have much of a  film/tv career.