Doris Day's upcoming media blitz!

Brock

Doris Day has several phone interviews on television scheduled this week to promote her latest album!

First up is Good Morning America on Wednesday, November 30.

"Appearances" are also listed for Ellen and CNN but the specifics have not been announced yet.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doris Day has several phone interviews on television scheduled this week to promote her latest album!

"Appearances" are also listed for Ellen and CNN but the specifics have not been announced yet.

Did she finally decide if she will go accept that award in Hollywood? So we can get the online Oscar campaign going!

They have more worthy people to honour. Like Oprah. :lucydisgust:

No, they gave Ops that special Jean Hersholt humanitarian award which she deserved for parting with some of her millions for charity, had nothing to do with her very few film roles. Doris IS the most deserving woman or person to get a Special Oscar for being able to do anything on film, sing, dance, comedy, drama, and she was the Queen of the box office for years and years too.

BOOKMARK THIS DATE:WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2011!!!!SO MANY WONDERFUL THINGS ARE HAPPENING ON IT!!!! :HALKING:

What will you do if next year they pass over Doris for Miss Angela Lansbury? It might be worth it just to see your reaction. :marionstrong:

Why on earth would they give a special Oscar to that old beeatch from hell? For her stoneface when Patty Duke beat her for the Oscar? Oh i just love it when bitches collide!

This is a great event!!!!She rarely makes public appearances!!! I love Doris Day. I watched "Touch Of Mink" and "Tea For Two" either yesterday or a couple of days ago. Oh I am looking forward to seeing her back in the spotlight!!!

I know, saw them both and they keep playing her movies all the time, With Six you get Eggroll and Glass Bottom Boat, not two of her best but still.

A new interview with Doris from the Associated Press:

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Doris Day, America's pert, honey-voiced sweetheart of the 1950s and 1960s, beguiled audiences with her on-screen romances opposite top Hollywood leading men Cary Grant, Rock Hudson and Jack Lemmon.

She adored and misses them all, says the 88-year-old Day. But her deepest yearning is reserved for her late son Terry Melcher, a record producer whose touch and voice are part of Day's first album in nearly two decades.

"Oh, I wish he could be here and be a part of it. I would just love that. But it didn't work out that way," Day said, her voice subdued. It's a voice rarely heard since she withdrew from Hollywood in the early 1980s to the haven she made for herself in the Northern California town of Carmel, where Clint Eastwood was once mayor.

"My Heart," set for a Dec. 2 U.S. release, has induced Day to edge back to public attention. The CD includes 13 previously unreleased tracks recorded over a 40-year span, including covers of Joe Cocker's "You Are So Beautiful," the Lovin' Spoonful's "Daydream" and a handful of standards. All proceeds go to Day's longtime cause, animal welfare.

A condensed version of the album was released in Britain earlier this fall and landed on the top 10 chart.

Melcher, who worked with bands including the Byrds and the Beach Boys, produced most of the songs and sang on two. He died of melanoma in 2004 at age 62, leaving a void that draws tears from Day when she speaks of him.

"I loved doing it and having Terry with me. That was important, just for me," she said in an interview from Carmel. "I wouldn't think it would be what it is. ... I just love that he is on it. And I miss him terribly, but I have that."

The album's release coincides with new recognition for the actress and singer.

It was announced this week that her recording of "Que Sera, Sera" ("Whatever Will Be, Will Be"), featured in Alfred Hitchcock's 1956 thriller "The Man Who Knew Too Much" starring Day and Jimmy Stewart, will be included in the Grammy Hall of Fame. In January, Day is to be honored with the Los Angeles Film Critics Association's career achievement award.

And that career was storied. She once ruled the box office in a string of fluffy comedies including "Pillow Talk" with Hudson (which earned her a best actress nomination) and "That Touch of Mink" opposite Grant, movies that showcased her verve and fresh-faced sexiness. Her sweet vocals helped make hits of pop tunes including "Sentimental Journey" and Oscar-winners "Que Sera, Sera" and "Secret Love."

On screen, Day often played the determined single career girl who could be swept off her feet (but never into premarital sex) by such irresistible suitors as Grant or three-time co-star Hudson. She was also the loving wife and mother in such movies as "Please Don't Eat the Daisies" (1960), with David Niven.

Day came off as a straight-shooter who didn't let her beauty go to her head; she was no "Mad Men" toy. Granted, she was too ladylike to fit the definition of a dame, in the parlance of her early career. But she could hold her ground without fraying the hem of her tone-perfect cinematic femininity, or her co-star's masculinity.

She ventured into exceptions to her signature romantic-comedies, most notably the Hitchcock thriller and "Love Me or Leave Me" from 1955, in which Day played jazz singer Ruth Etting in the story of Etting's career and tempestuous marriage.

Day said she had no quarrel with the studio system under which she worked, one in which her films were largely dictated. She had stumbled into the craft, after all, pushed from band and club singer to actress by her agent. Day got the first role she tested for, in 1948's "Romance on the High Seas," and sailed on from there.

"I was just put there, put there, put there. And I've never gotten over that. How could life be so good for me and I was never looking? I was never looking for it," she said.

As for her personal life, she said, "There are always things that you go through that aren't perfect." For Day, that included three divorces and widowhood. When her third husband died, she learned that he and a business partner had lost her multimillion-dollar fortune. (She righted herself to some extent with the 1968-73 sitcom "The Doris Day Show," and a lawsuit.)

Her decision to leave Los Angeles and the industry behind was an impromptu one, Day said. She had regularly visited Carmel-By-The-Sea, decided it suited her and made the move up the California coast and away.

"I just loved what I was doing. But then, when I came up here, I thought well, I had my turn, and that's just fine. And the other people are coming up and starring and it was their turn. I didn't think a thing about not working," she said.

Instead, she devoted herself to promoting the well-being of animals with the Doris Day Animal Foundation, which she created in 1978 and which is the new album's beneficiary. Her own pets, including some half-dozen cats, have it good: She built a glass-ceiling extension off her house so the felines can enjoy the view without the risks of going outside.

Why the attention to animals? "They're the most perfect things on Earth," Day replied. "They're loyal. They love you. And they'll never forget you. ... I think they're put here for us to learn what love is all about."

They're also steadfast companions as her circle of family and friends has been narrowed by death. She's still in regular touch with two-time co-star James Garner — who shares anecdotes about their working relationship in his newly published autobiography, "The Garner Files" — but she notes sadly how many other colleagues have passed away.

Although dampened by loss, the buoyancy that infused her work in movies and music remains part of Day. In her ninth decade of life, however, the pace has changed.

"Life Is Just a Bowl of Cherries" ("Life is just a bowl of cherries. So live and laugh at it all"), a snappy tune and a favorite since she danced to it as a 5-year-old in Cincinnati, is on her new album. But the arrangement has turned it into "beautiful ballad," Day said

"When I sang it slowly, it became a super song," she said.

The same can be said of Day, in any tempo.

SOURCE: http://news.yahoo.com/doris-day-sings-first-time-17-years-164459415.html

Why on earth would they give a special Oscar to that old beeatch from hell? For her stoneface when Patty Duke beat her for the Oscar? Oh i just love it when bitches collide!

Landsbury is a bitch??? I need examples!

Due to Doris jokes about her always being VIRGINAL in the movies, i truly expected her to do a cover of Madonna's Like A Virgin, LOL!

It would be even more hilarious if she'd parodied the album cover (paying special attention to the "Boy Toy" belt buckle)!

220px-LikeAVirgin1984.png

Well, she's always been very distinguished looking but now it's like an old prune, you know, a distinguished old wrinkled prune. Nope, have no anger at all about what she said about Lucy, none whatsoever. :marionstrong::marionstrong:

I always thought Mangela looked like a man in drag anyways. Even when she was younger. So she can stick it up her old wrinkled wazoo. hehehe

I always thought Mangela looked like a man in drag anyways. Even when she was younger. So she can stick it up her old wrinkled wazoo. hehehe

And when they show that clip of Patty Duke beating her for the best supporting actress Oscar, you should see the look on her stuck up old face, she can't even act up a fake smile of aproval, the real Ange comes forth in icy disaproval, LOL! You're right, with that short haircut, she DOES look like a man in drag, always has, and did you ever hear her sing the soundtrack to Semen Todd, most horrible screaching since a mouse got caught in a blender. Oh wait, i think it was called SQUEAKY Todd.

And when they show that clip of Patty Duke beating her for the best supporting actress Oscar, you should see the look on her stuck up old face, she can't even act up a fake smile of aproval, the real Ange comes forth in icy disaproval, LOL!

To be fair, Angie's face of icy disapproval came BEFORE she lost to Patty, not after. She was not shown at all during Patty's 1.5 second acceptance speech. lol

To be fair, Angie's face of icy disapproval came BEFORE she lost to Patty, not after. She was not shown at all during Patty's 1.5 second acceptance speech. lol

I know, must have taken her all night to learn that long speech, THANK YOU! I thought they showed pruneface when they announced Patty as the winner, you know how they love to show the LOSER'S reaction, LOL! Maybe she was still in character?

Archived