Lucy in London, specifically!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't know if this has been brought up or not, but inside the case, listed on the special features section for disc 2, it says that they put a promo of LIL on the disc. Yet, i couldn't find it anywhere. can anyone help me on this, please?

Isn't THAT what Brock posted a little earlier on this thread?

don't know if this has been brought up or not, but inside the case, listed on the special features section for disc 2, it says that they put a promo of LIL on the disc. Yet, i couldn't find it anywhere. can anyone help me on this, please?

It's there... you have to watch the special all the way through though, and it plays after the closing credits.

Thanks, been reading the forum off and on for a while, but decided only recently to set up an account and start jumping in and posting. Lifelong Lucy fan... my mother tells me the first time she got to feed me on the day I was born, we did it while watching an "I Love Lucy" rerun. I've really only been getting into her post-"I Love Lucy" work in the last few years though.

Back on topic though, this was the first time I'd gotten to see "Lucy in London," and I thought the special was very good... way underrated by the critics. I think Lucille really did want to be able to step out of the "Lucy" character now and then, but that seemed to be the very reason the critics lashed out at the special, so she assumed no one wanted to see anything besides crazy Lucy.

Lucy doesn't mention Mr. Mooney at anytime, but she's definitely playing the Lucy Carmichael character... the tour guide at one point calls her "Miss Carmichael," after which she says to call her Lucy. She's also wearing the same pink outfit she had in "Lucy Flies to London."

Thanks, been reading the forum off and on for a while, but decided only recently to set up an account and start jumping in and posting. Lifelong Lucy fan... my mother tells me the first time she got to feed me on the day I was born, we did it while watching an "I Love Lucy" rerun. I've really only been getting into her post-"I Love Lucy" work in the last few years though.

Back on topic though, this was the first time I'd gotten to see "Lucy in London," and I thought the special was very good... way underrated by the critics. I think Lucille really did want to be able to step out of the "Lucy" character now and then, but that seemed to be the very reason the critics lashed out at the special, so she assumed no one wanted to see anything besides crazy Lucy.

Lucy doesn't mention Mr. Mooney at anytime, but she's definitely playing the Lucy Carmichael character... the tour guide at one point calls her "Miss Carmichael," after which she says to call her Lucy. She's also wearing the same pink outfit she had in "Lucy Flies to London."

Yeah, she wore that pink coat often, WELCOME TO THE LOUNGE SNOWPECK!

It's there... you have to watch the special all the way through though, and it plays after the closing credits.

Ahhh...I See. Thanks for Clarifying

Yep definately. it's another ad I sent in along with the one on disc 1 and the one in the last season :)

Your efforts are much appreciated on Again, UKlucyfan!

Can anybody understand the lyrics to "Pop Goes The Weasel", that Lucy and Tony are singing. I believe its a different version to what we know here in America. Anyway, I can't make out the words.

I think it's something like, "Half a pound of tuppenny rice, half a pound of treacle. That's the way the money goes, Pop Goes The Weasel."

I think it's something like, "Half a pound of tuppenny rice, half a pound of treacle. That's the way the money goes, Pop Goes The Weasel."

Dunno if i ever told you but your avatar from Lucy's MGM period is just beautiful, and the bottom one of her at home in Chatsworth ain't bad either.

Archived