The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread! (Vol. 2)

Brock

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved seeing the normal side of him though, when he showed some of his son's paintings, he had just died and it was a side of him we had never seen.

Yes it was touching. Also on his very last show fading out at the end they showed a picture of a sunset and off in the corner it said Rick Carson. The very last image of his show was a picture his son took.

Yes it was touching. Also on his very last show fading out at the end they showed a picture of a sunset and off in the corner it said Rick Carson. The very last image of his show was a picture his son took.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Never been a big fan of Carson's BUT, all of that made him more human in my eyes. Stopped being a fan when I read that book Here`s Johnny and found out absolutely everything on the show was scripted, nothing ever ad libbed by the man. Yet, they wanted us to believe he was making it all up on the spot.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Never been a big fan of Carson's BUT, all of that made him more human in my eyes. Stopped being a fan when I read that book Here`s Johnny and found out absolutely everything on the show was scripted, nothing ever ad libbed by the man. Yet, they wanted us to believe he was making it all up on the spot.

They did preinterviews with the guests and plenty of things were scripted but Johnny absolutely ad libbed on the show. Remember the Ed Ames incident? No way they planned that ahead of time.

There was another Fanny Brice sketch called "Baby Snooks and the Burglar" that was filmed for Ziegfeld Follies and then cut. It was filmed at the same time Lucy's number was. It's great to see a photo of the two together!

Ah ha! Has that ever surfaced from the vaults?

Archived