The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread! (Vol. 2)

Brock

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So was this scene cut in favor of het other one with Bill?

Fanny Brice was supposed to have two sketches. "Baby Snooks and the Burglar" ended up being cut and "The Sweepstakes Ticket" with Bill remained. There were lots of different bits with Lucy planned, but none of them were filmed. One was a number called "The Rooney-Pidgeon-Skelton Blues" with Judy Garland and Greer Garson. Another was a comedy sketch with Judy and Ann Sothern. At one point she was also supposed to perform "Pass That Piece Pipe" with a bunch of other MGM stars. These all would have made much better use of Lucy.

Fanny Brice was supposed to have two sketches. "Baby Snooks and the Burglar" ended up being cut and "The Sweepstakes Ticket" with Bill remained. There were lots of different bits with Lucy planned, but none of them were filmed. One was a number called "The Rooney-Pidgeon-Skelton Blues" with Judy Garland and Greer Garson. Another was a comedy sketch with Judy and Ann Sothern. At one point she was also supposed to perform "Pass That Piece Pipe" with a bunch of other MGM stars. These all would have made much better use of Lucy.

True...but since we've never seen her before or since as sort of a "tigress" I'm glad she did the number she did!! :D

True...but since we've never seen her before or since as sort of a "tigress" I'm glad she did the number she did!! :D

I'm glad she was included in the film in some way. I love that, since the credits are alphabetical, Lucy gets second billing after Fred Astaire. I also love how Lucy was the one who was used on all the promotional material for the film. It shows that she really was a star long before she entered television.

I'm glad she was included in the film in some way. I love that, since the credits are alphabetical, Lucy gets second billing after Fred Astaire. I also love how Lucy was the one who was used on all the promotional material for the film. It shows that she really was a star long before she entered television.

TRUE, freaked out when I first saw the Movie Box and saw that Lucy was on the cover, yet only like in a minute of film in the actual GIG. Looked absolutely incredible though!

Archived