The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread! (Vol. 2)

Brock

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "woodchipper" one or some newer monstrosity?? :lucyshock:

Joey: I've replied to this post on your instant message board; while I was typing, the thing went into 'save mode' and never quit; would not allow me to continue; then, the site crashed . . . re-post my comments if you choose to; and I would appreciate it.

Thanks....Love, JK

Ugh, I think I know which one you're talking about. Looks like somebody tried to sculpt Lucy out of a mound of dried diarrhea. LOL

You're much too complimentary darling, worst statue I have ever seen in my entire life, doesn't even look like her unless they tried to replicate that sketch where she played that gun totin farmer on that Hope special where Phyllis Diller was one of her daughters.

I'm glad she was included in the film in some way. I love that, since the credits are alphabetical, Lucy gets second billing after Fred Astaire. I also love how Lucy was the one who was used on all the promotional material for the film. It shows that she really was a star long before she entered television.

I agree that I love her in all the ads for the movie and then later for the movie release. I feel her presence was the highlight of the whole film. She looked more stunning than anyone else there and that first production number was top rate. I am glad to see Lucy do this since it is a different role for her.

I agree that I love her in all the ads for the movie and then later for the movie release. I feel her presence was the highlight of the whole film. She looked more stunning than anyone else there and that first production number was top rate. I am glad to see Lucy do this since it is a different role for her.

Ya got THAT right, Lucy dancing as a showgirl, not what her fans were used to.

I guess this just goes to show that back in the "contract days" of all the then major studios -- and she worked for most of them at one time or another! -- that this was perhaps just part of their "routine" -- and aren't we the benefactors as a result! I agree it's amazing how many different photo shoots she apparently sat for but more and more, just find it absolutely fantastic, I mean look at the INCREDIBLE images like this one that was heretofore unknown or at least, unfamiliar. :D

To me, also shows why she became, as years went by, one who knew so much about lighting, placement, etc. given how often she'd been photographed and not exactly by slouches, either (the above case in point)! ;)

I guess this just goes to show that back in the "contract days" of all the then major studios -- and she worked for most of them at one time or another! -- that this was perhaps just part of their "routine" -- and aren't we the benefactors as a result! I agree it's amazing how many different photo shoots she apparently sat for but more and more, just find it absolutely fantastic, I mean look at the INCREDIBLE images like this one that was heretofore unknown or at least, unfamiliar. :D

To me, also shows why she became, as years went by, one who knew so much about lighting, placement, etc. given how often she'd been photographed and not exactly by slouches, either (the above case in point)! ;)

Always wondered if she had been photographed by any of the GREATS of photography like Cecil Beaton and such?

Always wondered if she had been photographed by any of the GREATS of photography like Cecil Beaton and such?

Wasn't Engstead considered one of the greats, at least of his (and her) time? Plus she did the Blackglama ad which wasn't that shot by someone (who's name escapes me at the moment!) considered a great photographer as well?? :lucyhmm:

Wasn't Engstead considered one of the greats, at least of his (and her) time? Plus she did the Blackglama ad which wasn't that shot by someone (who's name escapes me at the moment!) considered a great photographer as well?? :lucyhmm:

In the Blackglama ad, she didn't even look like herself. I meant the OLD classic photogs. Engstead I never even heard of before.

In the Blackglama ad, she didn't even look like herself. I meant the OLD classic photogs. Engstead I never even heard of before.

And you call yourself a fan!! (Kidding, quoting Lucy Barker from LWL (John Ritter ep)) :D)

John Engstead probably did most of the later years -- 60s and on -- most "iconic" sunlit shots of hers which are probably most of your favorites -- your avatar pic for example, is "classic" Engstead. Nces pas?? :lucyhaha:

http://en.wikipedia....i/John_Engstead

And you call yourself a fan!! (Kidding, quoting Lucy Barker from LWL (John Ritter ep)) :D)

John Engstead probably did most of the later years -- 60s and on -- most "iconic" sunlit shots of hers which are probably most of your favorites -- your avatar pic for example, is "classic" Engstead. Nces pas?? :lucyhaha:

http://en.wikipedia....i/John_Engstead

Oh well, I take t all back then, he's terrific, or was, anyway. And again, it's N'est ce pas. You're almost as bad as me when I type ion Whoopi Goldberg, I now check it on google before I type it.

http://dwane90.m.web...network=fw#2031

Bunch of Lucy with Merilyn Monroe and as her.

Figures, we see all these NEW versions of that famous photo and still no answers as to whom the men were. I see Louella Parsons seated next to a man we can't identify, as well as Marilyn, Betty Grable, I assume that's Walter Winchell in the middle in the back as it was HIS birthday party. I assume the one in the back on the left is a famous movie studio head.

Archived