Lucy and Desi photo thread :)

Annaleigh

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The photo with all of the stars lined up was from Ed Sullivan's show, "The Toast of the Town" and was a celebration of MGM's 30th anniversary. It featured appearances by many MGM stars and executives.

Air date: 2/14/54

The beautiful photo of Lucy and Desi celebrating the New Year was taken in late 1957 for the coming year of 1958. A variation of this photo can be seen in color on the cover of TV Prevue for Dec. 29, 1957- Jan.4, 1958, which just happens to be on page 25 in "For the Love of Lucy" book.

The photo with all of the stars lined up was from Ed Sullivan's show, "The Toast of the Town" and was a celebration of MGM's 30th anniversary. It featured appearances by many MGM stars and executives.

The beautiful photo of Lucy and Desi celebrating the New Year was taken in late 1957 for the coming year of 1958. A variation of this photo can be seen in color on the cover of TV Prevue for Dec. 29, 1957- Jan.4, 1958, which just happens to be on page 25 in "For the Love of Lucy" book.

Showoff! ;)

The date would make sense for that to be a brown-haired Lana at the end of the line. Her film Flame and the Flesh (released May 5, 1954) touted "Lana Turner, even more dangerous now as a brunette!" I believe she also sported brunette locks for her other 1954 film, Betrayed.

The date would make sense for that to be a brown-haired Lana at the end of the line. Her film Flame and the Flesh (released May 5, 1954) touted "Lana Turner, even more dangerous now as a brunette!" I believe she also sported brunette locks for her other 1954 film, Betrayed.

Yeah, i always found it strange that Lana Turner was Lucy's COMPETITION at MGM, maybe while Lucy was on her way out and Lana on her way in because of the difference in their ages.

Thanks 1,000,000, rickee: Fondly, JK

I meant he certainly does not look like he did in the seventies. Then again, who does? The deja vu was my computer driving me crazy again taking five nminutes to post anything, i think it has arithmia?

The server backs everything up between approximately 1:45 a.m. and 2:30 a.m. EST so it is a little slower at that time. If you only click once you'll get one post. :lucythrill:

The server backs everything up between approximately 1:45 a.m. and 2:30 a.m. EST so it is a little slower at that time. If you only click once you'll get one post. :lucythrill:

Yeah, you DID warn me about that but you know, i'm old and i forget everything, it drives me crazy when it takes forever so i start clicking like five times and almost break the damned thing, LOL! Patience has NEVER been a trait of mine.

Archived