The Lucy Show -- Season Six -- Reviews and First Impressions!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honey, i told you, beau is the only one who can duplicate my dvds and i haven't seen him in a month or so and now my computer's finished so when he does come here this week possibly, he'll be setting me up computer wise, still no time to make you copies. But soon, i promise. Lucy didn't have to GO FAR with her Life with Lucy audience as they would have PAID to watch her read the phone book at that stage of her life, she was getting laughs with straight lines.

She got laughs for laughing (okay, it was more like cackling, but still!)! lucythrill.JPG

It's amazing how much she rewore stuff. Found Lucy Show stuff recycled to Here's Lucy.

I know, and it all started back on ILL as they wanted Lucy Ricardo to be an average housewife, albeit a loony one, not having much money and therefore wearing stuff over and over. Then later, as a secretary on a chintzy salary, she had reason to do it again, but let's face it, reality went out the window when she started wearing those fancy suits and lovely evening dresses. She used to say that she had to dress up for some Hollywood DO and could not find a thing to wear, i'm getting like Carol Burnett here and repeating something i've said so many times . . .but i digress, LOL! So, she'd have to rewear the same things and she did, yes, i wanted to burn that grey suit of hers, she wore that so many times that i had a Hollywood magazine where she was pictured at several events wearing that same damned suit in several pics, one was Lucy with Berle. Once with Sinatra, of course, it could have been the same event. The black velvet dress was Induction into the TV Hall of Fame, a Hope special, the Kennedy Center induction of Sammy Davis where she introduced him to thank him for that lovely tribute speech of his at her Variety Clubs gala. The lovely beeded aqua blue dress was at the Variety Clubs tribute to her, the opening of the Bob Hope Cultural Center among others.

Heck, I saw her wear that "Lucy In London" gray pantsuit in a 1980s interview. She must've had a huuuuge closet. :marionstrong:

She did, BUT she would still oooh and aaaah at seeing other stars' closets, like the Gabors for example. Remember how horrified she was when she was underdressed on that Joan Rivers tribute to the First Ladies with that reagan witch. And that beautiful blue flowery flowing number she wore on Life with Lucy for her daughter's wedding and Audrey Meadows as guest star, was the same one she wore on the Merv Griffin show tribute to Ethel Merman for her winning the coveted Pied Piper award. If this woman paid a bundle for a gown, she was going to get her money's worth out of it by wearing it as often as she could. Hated her beige outfit for the Woman of the Year Harvard Hasty Pudding award, too dull, but the similar beige outfit for her Good Morning America interviews for her tribute at the Museum and Radio thing was beautiful.

I have only been able to watch the first 2 discs of Season 6, but that changed this week when the big storm hit NYC and we had a massive Black Out.

I was without power for 4 days – no electricity, no heat and no water. Good thing I have a Hotspot for my laptop, as I got to watch 4 shows in the dark one night. After our lights came back on we still had no Cable. At least I saw all the shows on my DVD player over the weekend.

Loved seeing the Joan Crawford episode in crystal clear condition, actually all the episodes look great.

I have only been able to watch the first 2 discs of Season 6, but that changed this week when the big storm hit NYC and we had a massive Black Out.

I was without power for 4 days – no electricity, no heat and no water. Good thing I have a Hotspot for my laptop, as I got to watch 4 shows in the dark one night. After our lights came back on we still had no Cable. At least I saw all the shows on my DVD player over the weekend.

Loved seeing the Joan Crawford episode in crystal clear condition, actually all the episodes look great.

Yes, they do. Sorry about all the hardships you went through looking at these, hope the end result was worth it.

I`m enjoying the episodes from season six a couple a day and tomorrow or maybe even tonight, i get to enjoy Lucy and Viv reminisce and the Pool Hustler which i haven`t seen in a while. Loved both Carol Burnett ones. The Robert Goulet and Little Old Lady ones were much better than i remembered. Lucy in that blonde white wig looked a bit like Doris Day as the little old lady and her face looked younger than it had in years which was weird considering she was playing OLD. I think they made Paul Winchell look perfect though. Guess they couldn`t convince Lucy to let herself be made to look older.

Why didn`t they just postpone it and give it a one time later date just for this year due to the circumstances, Kellie and whatshisname celebrated on Monday instead.

Probably beacuse of all the devastation and so many people without power, there are some people still without power. Some many people lost alot, we were wondering what they would about election day as some many were in the dark or homeless, but I think alot of them did vote - but not all..

Archived