The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread! (Vol. 3)

Brock

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember in the Lucy book by Tim Frew showed several pictures of Lucy at charity events.  Remember the great pics of her at the SHARE parties.  Lucy was very generous more than she let on unlike today when it is a big event for a star to give to a charity.

Will: Care to SHARE, from this book, those dates of charitable giving by Lucille; Months, Days, and Years; if you can.  I feel Lucille's giving of her time to these sorts of things are just as valuable information as her very long and successful career in all things

And...you should excuse the pun.... :HALKING:   Fondly, JK.

Will: Care to SHARE, from this book, those dates of charitable giving by Lucille; Months, Days, and Years; if you can.  I feel Lucille's giving of her time to these sorts of things are just as valuable information as her very long and successful career in all things

And...you should excuse the pun.... :HALKING:   Fondly, JK.

Maybe you could try googling SHARE, it was a charity after all, so they should have everything listed clearly, we never seem to get any of these dates when we see pics of Lucy at these various events.

I don't know anything about the telethon.  Here is a charity related pic I do have some info on.

When actress Lucille Ball, appearing on the City of Hope Telethon, appealed to viewers to contribute a dime a piece to a free national medical center, seven-year-old Bobby Cohen dutifully saved ten cents out of his allowance. But Bobby wouldn't trust the post office to deliver his contribution. He appeared at the door of the studio in which Lucy was filming her TV show and insisted on making his contribution to the star, herself.October 27, 1953

coin.jpg

I don't know anything about the telethon.  Here is a charity related pic I do have some info on.

When actress Lucille Ball, appearing on the City of Hope Telethon, appealed to viewers to contribute a dime a piece to a free national medical center, seven-year-old Bobby Cohen dutifully saved ten cents out of his allowance. But Bobby wouldn't trust the post office to deliver his contribution. He appeared at the door of the studio in which Lucy was filming her TV show and insisted on making his contribution to the star, herself.October 27, 1953

coin.jpg

And he got to see her, in person, without her lashes.

coin.jpg

What a wonderful story!  Thanks for SHARing!

lucille-ball_b68ed5ee35.jpg

Black and white photograph depicting Milton Berle, Lucille Ball, Angie Dickinson and Red Buttons at the 1984 Friar's Club Testimonial Dinner honoring Dean Martin and William B. Williams (not pictured), the Basildon Room, Waldorf=Astoria Hotel

Black and white photograph depicting Milton Berle, Lucille Ball, Angie Dickinson and Red Buttons at the 1984 Friar's Club Testimonial Dinner honoring Dean Martin and William B. Williams (not pictured), the Basildon Room, Waldorf=Astoria Hotel

Will:  do you know the month and day of this event?  thanks if you do...Fondly, JK

Who is the dame in the tiara? Looks a bit like Lynn Redgrave.

I think this is the same event as those color shots I posted earlier. I should ha able to find that info tonight.

That cannot be that purple dress. Does she have a black one exactly like that? Plus if you are referring to the ones posted in the last week this is certainly not the same event. Notice the brooch and she has false eyelashes in this new photo.

Oh your right with the lashes. I think I have one more that is like this BW one and I think there are pants under it. I'll dig it up.

High neck dress with ruffles was throwing me off.

I must say that this dress is my least favorite of the 80's. It looks better in B&W.

The caption for the purple dress says:

May 87, Red Buttons, Frier's Club Roast Waldorf Hotel.  Here is are 2 more from it.

purp.jpg

purp2.jpg

A better version. This is the event:  Gary Morton, Lucille Ball, Milton Berle, Red Buttons, Angie Dickinson at Friars Roast

September 1984

shot2.jpg

32.jpg

The stars of CBS's 9-10 hour for 1953-54 30 years later.

Red got the plush time zone after I Love Lucy in its 2nd year, 1953. Came in at #12 but was cancelled by CBS at the end of the season. The time slot was given to Desilu's December Bride the next season.

Lucy can be seen doing the Red Buttons dance to punctuate a joke in "Changing the Boy's Wardrobe".

I've only seen this imitation. I've never seen Red do it but it was enough of a trademark that 1953 audience's recognized it.

Archived