The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread! (Vol. 3)

Brock

I'm trying to figure out why that TV is on the floor.

I know, and such a small one too.  Must be the maid's in the ironing room like Lee Tannen said in his book.  The maid left it there to be taken in for repair.  The Queen of television had her original sets from The Ranch for the staff it seems, LOL!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm planning a trip to the Paley Center next month and am picking out what Lucy I should watch. Should I add this?

The Greatest Show on Earth isn't terrific, but it's very different from anything else Lucy did and she is, of course, great. One of the Paley Center Lucy centennial compilations has The Greatest Show on Earth, The Practice, The Zsa Zsa Gabor Show interview, and Lucy's scenes from The Good Years.

Thanks so much. I will just watch that compilation as it gets me The Good Years too. I can't seem to find these compilations on their online database. Can I just ask tell them I want to see these compilations?

I don't know why they aren't in the online database. I've noticed that too. They are called "We Love Lucy" and there are four of them. Here's the link to the rundown from the original screening series: http://www.paleycenter.org/2011-we-love-lucy-screenings#.TimU97We72g.email

In one of the "Mame" reviews that focused on Lucy's vocals, the critic compared her singing to Broderick Crawford!

Others: Dick Cavett (??) Senator Everett Dirkson

Lucy dates round 2.

Mack Grey

Broderick Crawford

23.jpg

Al Hall

That's from Process Server right? So we have this suit showing up from 58 to 64'. I'm still amazed she wore it to divorce court and to get a marriage license.

I may have missed the discussion of this suit.  Is "Celebrity Next Door" the first time we see it?  (1957) and is Process Server the last?

It is a nice looking suit, but not particularly remarkable.  Obviously she loved it.  Have we done an episode appearance list for the suit?

Process Server was a 2nd season episode that I was just mild about, but viewing it again I think it's much better.   Highlight: Mooney's squeezing the mustard (ketchup?) all over his face.  And the conversation (pictured) where it's dawning on them that the boat is moving ("The people getting smaller.  Irma waving good-bye from the dock.......IRMA WAVING GOOD BY FROM THE DOCK????)

The train station scene has been done before ("Miss Mertzes" "No More Double Dates") but is expertly and realistically choreographed here.

One of three Lucy Shows (if my memory is correct) where Bob and Madelyn have sole writing credit.

I like her look much better when she's not be-wigged.

She's looking as good as any 68 year old woman has the right to look, but being 68 in 1979 is different than it is now.

Bette Midler, Helen Mirren and Goldie Hawn are all 68 and don't seem that old.

Just saw Bette in recent movie with Billy Crystal "Parental Guidance" and she looks great.

The movie, which I think bombed, has some really funny moments, but gets all sticky at the end.

They're Playing Our Song Opening.

song3.jpg

song2.jpg

I may have missed the discussion of this suit. Is "Celebrity Next Door" the first time we see it? (1957) and is Process Server the last?

It is a nice looking suit, but not particularly remarkable. Obviously she loved it. Have we done an episode appearance list for the suit?

Process Server was a 2nd season episode that I was just mild about, but viewing it again I think it's much better. Highlight: Mooney's squeezing the mustard (ketchup?) all over his face. And the conversation (pictured) where it's dawning on them that the boat is moving ("The people getting smaller. Irma waving good-bye from the dock.......IRMA WAVING GOOD BY FROM THE DOCK????)

The train station scene has been done before ("Miss Mertzes" "No More Double Dates") but is expertly and realistically choreographed here.

One of three Lucy Shows (if my memory is correct) where Bob and Madelyn have sole writing credit.

I have been watching every episode in order and am 4 episodes into LDCH. It debutes in Celeb Next Door and I have not seen it since. I will keep a watch on it for the rest of the series. Not sure on anything with LS concerning it.

It is in the Westinghouse piece but am certain it can't be in the Desilu Reveue as I think she wears the same dress throughout. Don't think it is in KO Kitty either.

I like her look much better when she's not be-wigged.

She's looking as good as any 68 year old woman has the right to look, but being 68 in 1979 is different than it is now.

Bette Midler, Helen Mirren and Goldie Hawn are all 68 and don't seem that old.

Just saw Bette in recent movie with Billy Crystal "Parental Guidance" and she looks great.

The movie, which I think bombed, has some really funny moments, but gets all sticky at the end.

Ok, Neil, fess up, are you the guy on the left or on the right in that picture with Lucy?

I remember in the Lucy book by Tim Frew showed several pictures of Lucy at charity events.  Remember the great pics of her at the SHARE parties.  Lucy was very generous more than she let on unlike today when it is a big event for a star to give to a charity.

I remember in the Lucy book by Tim Frew showed several pictures of Lucy at charity events.  Remember the great pics of her at the SHARE parties.  Lucy was very generous more than she let on unlike today when it is a big event for a star to give to a charity.

True.  She gave time and money to charitable events her entire life.  Not only were both of them generous to friends and family but that generosity continued till the day she died.

Archived