The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread! (Vol. 3)

Brock

Beyond the wallpaper what strikes me about this house was how simple, modest and homey it was.

Guess she wanted the inside to go with the outside. After seeing that Architectural Digest spread on her apartment in NYC decorated by the great Paula Stewart, think what she could have done with that Roxbury mansion.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As good as Lloyd Bridges was in 'Big Break", having Robert Young might have been fun stunt-casting; doing his Marcus Welby character in a comedy.

Robert Young was originally offered the episode and turned it down for exactly that reason: he did not want to do a Marcus Welby characterization in a comedy. It was a good idea.

Found this great color photo of Lucy taken on the Beverly Palms Hotel set. It was featured in a 1955 issue of TV Guide. Nice to see the real color of the gorgeous dress as well as the couch, pillows and box of suvenirs from the Ricardo's & Mertz's trip to Hollywood. Can you spot the Robert Taylor orange and the "old tin can" run over by "Cary Grant's left rear wheel?"

post-67-0-34009900-1377724976_thumb.jpg

Found this great color photo of Lucy taken on the Beverly Palms Hotel set. It was featured in a 1955 issue of TV Guide. Nice to see the real color of the gorgeous dress as well as the couch, pillows and box of suvenirs from the Ricardo's & Mertz's trip to Hollywood. Can you spot the Robert Taylor orange and the "old tin can" run over by "Cary Grant's left rear wheel?"

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!

Holly SHIT...those MAME shots are FABULOUS... IM SQUEALING LIKE A NELLY.QUEEN over these...I have never ever seen these before...thankyou so much for posting these..... See how young she looks when photographed properly in BLACK AND WHITE Claude?... The shot of her on the stair landing is just...wait a minute...talk amoungst yourselves... Im vehclempt..... Its just beautiful

Holly SHIT...those MAME shots are FABULOUS... IM SQUEALING LIKE A NELLY.QUEEN over these...I have never ever seen these before...thankyou so much for posting these..... See how young she looks when photographed properly in BLACK AND WHITE Claude?... The shot of her on the stair landing is just...wait a minute...talk amoungst yourselves... Im vehclempt..... Its just beautiful

Sorry, but it has nothing to do with color versus black and white and more to do with how much touching up was done on the pictures, let's not forget she was 62 when she made the film so her lift contraption thingy was working overtime during that period. Look under the eyes, if there are no wrinkles, they've been erased. Not that I mind, everybody did that back then and still do today. I'll NEVER forget that cover pic I saw of Julia Roberts that had been touched up to the point that they needed to put her name so we'd know who it was. I did not recognize her at all and that was YEARS ago. The woman was not exactly Lucy's age.

Archived