The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread! (Vol. 3)

Brock

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The studio would have done it. They did that sort of stuff for the contract people to glam them up. I read once it was called bonding but it could have been anything. By late 30's they looked good.

Well, you're most likely RIGHT there. Her mom could not afford that work earlier so she needed a lot of work to be done, hence her never smiling much in early photos of that period, however, when joining any studio, that WOULD have been corrected by the powers that be there as they had to have their stars looking their best at all times. I'm just surprised she had so many teeth left in her mouth when she passed on, even getting work done just a little while before she died.

I should look for some pre- done teeth photos. I know I've 1 or 2.

Remember that close up they did on Lucie when she sang that My Mother The Star number, very bad bottom teeth, all crooked. And her dad when he hosted SNL, his bottom teeth all shrunk and yellow, just terrible, when you consider these are SHOW people. Then again, I understand that perfect Rosie O teeth look so fake maybe the real thing is better.

Lucy really only had her top teeth fixed. Her bottom were not bad but they were not straight. Here are 4 where you can see the sides and they look to be pre fix.

ny.jpg

cover.jpg

bc.jpg

pose.JPG

Post Fix. See how straight the sides are.

fool.jpg

smile.JPG

laugh.JPG

green.jpg

A later in life one.

teeth.jpg

Geez, we asked about her teeth and you provide all these photos, all I can say now is ROXBURY, ROXBURY, ROXBURY . . .

Right, mainly about the lashes: after a certain point, the absence of them always made a HUGE difference in how old she looked, IMHO. :D

TRUE and knowing Lucy, seeing as it was Lucy who planned all of The Merm's wedding reception, she was more concerned about everything being perfect rather than looking her best herself.

Again with the fur collar, PETA must be hanging her in effigy. Of course, it was the style BACK THEN and she looks lovely here.

She certainly does.  I'd almost believe that had she worn her hair (looks like her own, to me) and make-up just like this, even sans false eyelashes, she could have appeared on camera like this for much longer than when she actually did start being trussed up like a chicken!  :vanda:

Archived