100 Day Countdown To Lucy's 100th Birthday!

mikidiki

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When did you say we're supposed to start mentioning something? For every year of her life or something? 77 is coming up soon, i want dibs.

2 more days sweetie :) 77 :) I will be interested to see what people come up with when we get down to single digits LOL!

But what are we supposed to do for each year?

78 days! :HALKING:

*Claude - we are supposed to write the one thing that stands out for you in that year of Lucy's life that you remember about that year of her life eg. 77th year - attending the Academy Awards*

The HUGE standing ovation at the Academy Awards.

Couldn't agree more Brock! Your post deserved a thumbs up. Care to reciprocate? :lucythrill: LOL!

The whole Academy Awards thing stands out for me in Lucy's final year (77th) year of life. It brought joy to so many but most importantly it reaffirmed to Lucy that the public still adoured her. Why she would think otherwise is beyond me! :lucyhorror:

The HUGE standing ovation at the Academy Awards.

Or later that same night when she made her entrance at the Swifty Lazar Oscar party and got the same type of reception and later still when leaving that night and waiting for her limo, that impromptu lifting of her leg she did repeatedly to a bigger laugh and screaming ovation and applause on every single lift which thrilled her to no end.

When Lucy walked out onto the stage of the Academy Awards with Bob Hope in a dress that had a thigh high slit. It really showed off her legs & I remember thinking how gutsy that was for a woman her age. But she still had great legs :peachonthebeach: , & I remember smiling & thinking, 'Good for you!'

I also loved how Bob's jokes at the podium made her laugh :hlLOL:

:lucysmirk:

The release of her Dean Martin Celebrity Roast on VHS. :lucythrill:

But for 87 - 88, I'll go with Comedy Is A Serious Business.

LMAO! I just realised the mistake I made - I edited my post to fix it up. LOL! I love your reply. I meant 87-88 ;-)

75 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1986 - August 1987? (75th year of her life)

My answer is: Kennedy Center Honors

Yes, definitely The Kennedy Center Honors, she said even herself that it made up for the failure of Life with Lucy.

75 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1986 - August 1987? (75th year of her life)

Agreed. Followed by the fanfare leading UP to Life With Lucy.

Agreed Brock - my second choice was going to be Life With Loocile - she loved it, I loved it, sadly ABC didn't :(

CLAUDE: We need your answer for 87-88...........Brock said "Comedy Is A Serious Business" and I am going to actually go out on a limb and say "A BH XMAS with James Stewart". I liked it because it was something different and Lucy looked great and really calm and spoke so nicely. It was the last time she seemed herself.

75 DAYS LEFT

I'd have to "fudge" a bit and say June (I think -- perhaps July) of '86 and being in the audience for the first filming of LWL: I never thought I'd get the chance to see her appear as a "Lucy" character in her own "arena" so that --despite the failings of the show itself -- was a dream come true. :D

Agreed Brock - my second choice was going to be Life With Loocile - she loved it, I loved it, sadly ABC didn't :(

CLAUDE: We need your answer for 87-88...........Brock said "Comedy Is A Serious Business" and I am going to actually go out on a limb and say "A BH XMAS with James Stewart". I liked it because it was something different and Lucy looked great and really calm and spoke so nicely. It was the last time she seemed herself.

Sorry, but i'd go with Comedy is a serious business also, she was in fine form, standing O as usual and looked great and it was one terrific musical number which she always enjoyed doing so much. Her last hurrah performing wise. And she just loved doing the hope specials and for once they gave her good material.

74 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1985 - August 1986? (74th year of her life)

My answer is: STONE PILLOW - I loved that movie and she was very proud of it! She was a trooper!

73 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1984 - August 1985? (73rd year of her life)

My answer: ALL STAR PARTY FOR LUCILLE BALL - She was so moved, so touched and so grateful for this!

73 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1984 - August 1985? (73rd year of her life)

My answer: ALL STAR PARTY FOR LUCILLE BALL - She was so moved, so touched and so grateful for this!

Yeah, me too, absolutely terrific show too.

Archived