100 Day Countdown To Lucy's 100th Birthday!

mikidiki

Ok, two can play this game, i went to the book also so mine are . . . .70-71, working with her favorite actor Burton and his lesser known wife Lizzie Taylor, 69-70 shooting on location on the same HL series with her kids and favorite Gale, 68-69 starting her fourth series with her own kids and being on the set with them teching them the ropes . . . 67-68 winning her second Emmy for The Lucy Show and 66-67 winning her first for the same series and possibly starring in Carol Burnett's special which became her variety series, Lucy doing anything on air with friends was always something truly special and she shined all the way through it.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

52 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1963 - August 1964? (52nd year of her life)

My answer: SEASON 2 OF THE LUCY SHOW & MR. AMD MRS. (Costume reasons only - the actual storyline was terrible)

52 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1963 - August 1964? (52nd year of her life)

My answer: SEASON 2 OF THE LUCY SHOW & MR. AMD MRS. (Costume reasons only - the actual storyline was terrible)

Say that to Sherwood Schwartz of Brady Bunch and Gilligan's Island fame as he wrote it. I thought it was the best special Lucy ever did and she never looked lovelier either.

51 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1962 - August 1963? (51st year of her life)

My answer: SEASON 1 OF THE LUCY SHOW & CRITICS CHOICE (Love this movie, always laugh at every scene, Lucy looks stunning and all the actors are great)

51 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1962 - August 1963? (51st year of her life)

My answer: SEASON 1 OF THE LUCY SHOW & CRITICS CHOICE (Love this movie, always laugh at every scene, Lucy looks stunning and all the actors are great)

So true about her in the movie, she simply looks stunning but she absolutely hated that movie, and considered it a real flop. I think both she and Hope hated the director and the job he did with the film.

So true about her in the movie, she simply looks stunning but she absolutely hated that movie, and considered it a real flop. I think both she and Hope hated the director and the job he did with the film.

Sad that they both hated the movie, I think it was wonderful and certainly made me laugh! p.s - It was a flop :(

Sad that they both hated the movie, I think it was wonderful and certainly made me laugh! p.s - It was a flop :(

Hey, it's the same thin as Forever Darling, not that great but still terrific for any Lucy fan and she looks sensational in both. As for their both hating it, they made four movies together, i thought Facts of Life was Oscar worthy and excellent, Sorrowful Jones was sweet, funny and quite real and exceptionaly moving for them, Fancy Pants was certainly not as good as Critic's Choice for me, just silly slapstick and them looking like hicks, but yet they both LOVED that one, LOL! AS Einsten used to say, GO FIGURE!

Hey, it's the same thin as Forever Darling, not that great but still terrific for any Lucy fan and she looks sensational in both. As for their both hating it, they made four movies together, i thought Facts of Life was Oscar worthy and excellent, Sorrowful Jones was sweet, funny and quite real and exceptionaly moving for them, Fancy Pants was certainly not as good as Critic's Choice for me, just silly slapstick and them looking like hicks, but yet they both LOVED that one, LOL! AS Einsten used to say, GO FIGURE!

I disagree about Forever, Darling - I thought Lucy looked very pale and unwell, almost ghostly in that movie - unless it was just the colouring of the movie, actually come to think of it, everyone in that movie looked really washed out and pale, must have been bad colouring.

p.s - I think I've only seen Sorrowful Jones once or twice, years ago, don't really remember that one very well, but I don't think I liked it. I have Fancy Pants on VHS - will watch that one in the next couple of days actually. Might even have Sorrowful Jones on VHS - will have to have a closer inspection. Wow! I just did have a closer inspection and I do have that one on VHS - might watch that one as well! Hopefully it's an ok copy cause it was recorded off the TV god knows when! Probably back when it first came out! ;-) LOL!

HALF WAY THROUGH!!

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1961 - August 1962? (50th year of her life)

My answer: Unsure but I presume "The Good Years" even though I have not seen it - It was a pretty uneventful year in Lucy's life which is a shame considering it was her 50th year! :unsure:

HALF WAY THROUGH!!

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1961 - August 1962? (50th year of her life)

My answer: Unsure but I presume "The Good Years" even though I have not seen it - It was a pretty uneventful year in Lucy's life which is a shame considering it was her 50th year! :unsure:

Preparing for her tryumphant return to television for The Lucy Show.

48 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1959 - August 1960? (48th year of her life)

My answer: Season 9 of the I Love Lucy Format (Lucy/Desi Comedy Hour) - Particularly "Lucy Meets The Moustache" My favourite episode from Season 9.

48 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1959 - August 1960? (48th year of her life)

My answer: Season 9 of the I Love Lucy Format (Lucy/Desi Comedy Hour) - Particularly "Lucy Meets The Moustache" My favourite episode from Season 9.

OMG you are so incredible, the moustache has to be the worst Lucy Desi ep ever with almost no laughs at all in the entire show.

OMG you are so incredible, the moustache has to be the worst Lucy Desi ep ever with almost no laughs at all in the entire show.

Wow, both such extremes! I think it 's a bittersweet episode more than anything because as an audience, we now know what was going on "behind the scenes" and can't help thinking about that when watching it. Plus, yes, it was shot without a real audience present (can you imagine if there had been one??) and for those shows, I think always made a difference and not in a good way -- their timing was off, etc. Just wasn't the same as the real "classic" hour-longs like Tallulah, Danny Thomas and "Career", the last one WITH an audience -- and oh what a difference, you can tell.

Anywho....there was a palpable pall over this whole last episode but given it's historical importance in the ILL canon, I wouldn't and couldn't ever consider it the worst.

And listen to the lyrics of "That's All" sung so beautifully by Miss Adams: talk about irony! Talk about bittersweet...and heartwrenching.

And there's that last (screen) kiss as Lucy and Ricky....

Sigh.

Wow, both such extremes! I think it 's a bittersweet episode more than anything because as an audience, we now know what was going on "behind the scenes" and can't help thinking about that when watching it. Plus, yes, it was shot without a real audience present (can you imagine if there had been one??) and for those shows, I think always made a difference and not in a good way -- their timing was off, etc. Just wasn't the same as the real "classic" hour-longs like Tallulah, Danny Thomas and "Career", the last one WITH an audience -- and oh what a difference, you can tell.

Anywho....there was a palpable pall over this whole last episode but given it's historical importance in the ILL canon, I wouldn't and couldn't ever consider it the worst.

And listen to the lyrics of "That's All" sung so beautifully by Miss Adams: talk about irony! Talk about bittersweet...and heartwrenching.

And there's that last (screen) kiss as Lucy and Ricky....

Sigh.

Sorry bubby, i was only repeating what i've read here and other sites over the years on that ep. I dun't like it at all and almost never watch it but of course the underlying elements you mentionned are very important, but i watch Lucy for comedy, if i want drama and a crying jag to clear my sinuses i'll put on The Big Street. (last ten minutes only) LOL!

I'm with Joey on this one - the moustache is a bittersweet episode but gives me many laughs throughout. I will always enjoy watching it, plus Ernie is great eye candy! :)

Archived