100 Day Countdown To Lucy's 100th Birthday!

mikidiki

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG! How can you say that Claude? I appreciate your opinion but there were SOOOOO many better specials than that! I have watched that show twice with other people and it's actually the only special that I wonder when it will end. They also don't find it funny at all. The ONLY part I actually laugh at is when Lucy is driving the cars in the carpark. Apart from that I find it dull and drab.

Listen, we all have different tastes, i L O V E that special, and if you and your Aussie friends do not, that just means your Lucy tastebuds are impaired in some way, nothing to worry about, LOL! You have to remember the CONTEXT of me LOVING it, i am her BIGGEST fan, i would love her reading the phone book. And it was so nice BACK THEN, when i saw her attempting something different that i enjoyed it more and this one was different from beginning to end. And yes, the driving of that car was the best scene of the entire show.

62 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1973 - August 1974? (62nd year of her life)

My answer: MAME AND SEASON 6 OF HERE'S LUCY

Mame, Lucy Is NG as an RN

61 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1972 - August 1973? (61st year of her life)

My answer: SEASON 5 OF HERE'S LUCY

Getting full use of her leg back, Mame training, Not-So-Popular Mechanics

60 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1971 - August 1972? (60th year of her life)

My answer: SEASON 4 OF HERE'S LUCY

Agreed -- when HL found its stride.

I'm still not to clear on your dates BUT, i will go with Lucy winning her second Emmy award for her work on The Lucy Show which she got in 1968.

Thanks Claude, but that's in her 56th year but that's my answer for tomorrow :) LOL! (along with Season 6 of TLS)

56 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1967 - August 1968? (56th year of her life)

My answers: 20TH ANNUAL EMMY AWARDS WIN & SEASON 6 OF THE LUCY SHOW & YOUR'S MINE AND OURS!

55 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1966 - August 1967? (55th year of her life)

My answers: 19TH ANNUAL EMMY AWARDS WIN, SEASON 5 OF THE LUCY SHOW & LUCY IN LONDON (3 WAY TIE) - LOVE THIS YEAR OF LUCY'S LIFE!! ONE OF MY FAV'S!

Lucy In London, Lucy's Substitute Secretary, Emmy Win, YM&O Filming...

LOL! Oops - I totally forgot about YM&O! I am going by Fidelman's book and he doesn't list movies! I will go back to that year and add it now :) Thanks Brock! xx

Yup, agreed, Yours MIne and Ours was her most successful movie of all time, over twenty million dollars back when tickets could be as low as .85 cents per person and you could sit there all day, i know i did, saw the damned thing 18 times, once for each kid, so i owe her two more viewings, LOL!

53 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1964 - August 1965? (53rd year of her life)

My answer: SEASON 3 OF THE LUCY SHOW & PASSWORD (the episode with Peter Lawford where Viv is the surprise guest)

Archived