100 Day Countdown To Lucy's 100th Birthday!

mikidiki

Lucy Ricardo's appearance on The Ann Sothern Show, The Ricardos Go To Japan

I was actually going to put "The Lucy Story" from the Ann Sothern Show in my top list because it sounds quite intersting but I haven't seen it so I can't comment. It's not available on YouTube either. Do you know if it's available to the public, Brock? (There's about 2 minutes of it on YouTube)

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was actually going to put "The Lucy Story" from the Ann Sothern Show in my top list because it sounds quite intersting but I haven't seen it so I can't comment. It's not available on YouTube either. Do you know if it's available to the public, Brock? (There's about 2 minutes of it on YouTube)

I'm not sure, someone sent me a copy of the episode years and years ago. I can't remember who it was, but thanks!

It is excellent -- Lucy and Ann drunk (or, in this case, drugged) is always classic. :lucywow:

I'm with Joey on this one - the moustache is a bittersweet episode but gives me many laughs throughout. I will always enjoy watching it, plus Ernie is great eye candy! :)

I have never really cared for Lucy Meets The Mustache, but it it has a few laughs here and there. I think my main problem with it is it feels like a half-hour's worth of plot just padded out with unnecessary and unfunny filler.

I have never really cared for Lucy Meets The Mustache, but it it has a few laughs here and there. I think my main problem with it is it feels like a half-hour's worth of plot just padded out with unnecessary and unfunny filler.

Yeah, that and the fact that Lucy with no audience is well, not as funny.

47 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1958 - August 1959? (47th year of her life)

My answers: Season 8 of the I Love Lucy Format (Lucy/Desi Comedy Hour) particularly my favourites: Lucy Makes Room For Danny and Lucy Wants A Career

BROCK: I would also be interested to see "K.O Kitty" and "Lucy Upsets The Williams Household" (Only two minutes of the latter on YouTube). Do you know if these two are readily available?

Cheers, Miki

BROCK: I would also be interested to see "K.O Kitty" and "Lucy Upsets The Williams Household" (Only two minutes of the latter on YouTube). Do you know if these two are readily available?

K.O. Kitty is unavailable but Lucy Upsets The Williams Household IS available on legitimate DVD -- as part of the Sixth Season release of Make Room For Daddy!

That DVD is a good investment -- it has great new interviews with Marjorie Lord and Sid Melton and also includes one of the most hilarious episodes of the series: Dinah Shore and Danny Are Rivals.

46 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1957 - August 1958? (46th year of her life)

My answers: Season 7 of the I Love Lucy Format (Lucy/Desi Comedy Hour) particularly my favourites: Celebrity & Sun Valley

44 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1955 - August 1956? (44th year of her life)

My answers: Season 5 of I Love Lucy, her Best Actress win at the 8th Emmy Awards and the release of "Forever, Darling". What a great year it was for Lucy!

44 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1955 - August 1956? (44th year of her life)

My answers: Season 5 of I Love Lucy, her Best Actress win at the 8th Emmy Awards and the release of "Forever, Darling". What a great year it was for Lucy!

But Forever Darling was not a success, so i would balance it off with going back to Jamestown for a BIG Premiere of the film which for her was a thrill.

42 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1953 - August 1954? (42nd year of her life)

My answers: Season 3 of I Love Lucy, "The Long Long Trailer" and Dinner With The President.

This was a great year for Lucy but also a very scary time for Lucy due to the whole "Communist Party" issue. It caused a big strain on Lucy!

42 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1953 - August 1954? (42nd year of her life)

My answers: Season 3 of I Love Lucy, "The Long Long Trailer" and Dinner With The President.

This was a great year for Lucy but also a very scary time for Lucy due to the whole "Communist Party" issue. It caused a big strain on Lucy!

Aw come on, the only thing RED about Lucy was her hair and even that was not legitimate.

41 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1952 - August 1953? (41st year of her life)

My answers: Season 2 of I Love Lucy and "Stars In The Eye" and the birth of Desi Arnaz Jr.

Archived