UPDATED: "I Love Lucy" named Best TV Show of All Time!

HarryCarter

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL well I like Dennis Miller. :D

You must be a Republican then. I stopped watching miller when he turned republican attack dog. I think you stated you did not like Letterman's political views lately, well, hope you didn't see him tonight as he had the geratest recent President on, President Obama! LOL!

You must be a Republican then. I stopped watching miller when he turned republican attack dog. I think you stated you did not like Letterman's political views lately, well, hope you didn't see him tonight as he had the geratest recent President on, President Obama! LOL!

Hehe. Yes I am a conservative Republican. Hope you don't hold it against me :lol: But I don't like Dennis just because he became more conservative. He is a very smart man. And he sees people in politics for what they are.. hacks. I love his early work too.

Hehe. Yes I am a conservative Republican. Hope you don't hold it against me :lol: But I don't like Dennis just because he became more conservative. He is a very smart man. And he sees people in politics for what they are.. hacks. I love his early work too.

Of course not, some of my best friends . . . . LOL! Any friend of clint eastwood ad doris day is a friend of mine, LOL! I saw miller a few years ago and he was so cerebral i'm afraid the southern hicks he courts will find his humor over their heads, LOL! Back to the show . . . it was so nice to go down memory lane with all those old favorites, back when television was worth watching. And i was shocked that they picked the one reality show i actually DO watch for number one, DANCING WITH THE STARS.

Of course not, some of my best friends . . . . LOL! Any friend of clint eastwood ad doris day is a friend of mine, LOL! I saw miller a few years ago and he was so cerebral i'm afraid the southern hicks he courts will find his humor over their heads, LOL! Back to the show . . . it was so nice to go down memory lane with all thsoe old favorites, back when television was worth watching. And i was shocked that they picked the one reality show i actually DO watch for number one, DANCING WITH THE STARS.

I was really surprised that American Idol wasn't number one. Not that I really cared about the reality shows. And yes it was great seeing all those great tv shows. Of course the best part was I Love Lucy winning at the end! :peachonthebeach:

Yeah, at least your taste in comics and tv is better than the politicians you revere. Although Hope, Sinatra, Wayne and all the superstars of Lucy's era were conservative republicans like you. Times have changed, thank God, LOL! :marionstrong:

:marionstrong: I won't be talking about politics on this forum to much. But I don't revere any poltician on the left OR the right. Most all of them are compromising hacks as far as im concerned

I was really surprised that American Idol wasn't number one. Not that I really cared about the reality shows. And yes it was great seeing all those great tv shows. Of course the best part was I Love Lucy winning at the end! :peachonthebeach:

Yes, that was a very pleasant surprise and i just celebrated by going to Tim Horton's for an extra large hot chocolate and three chocolate doughnuts, hey, it may not be caviar and champagne but it'll do!

:marionstrong: I won't be talking about politics on this forum to much. But I don't revere any poltician on the left OR the right. Most all of them are compromising hacks as far as im concerned

Trust me, you dun't WANT to discuss politicians with me anyway, i get into more trouble that way, that's what got me kicked off Sitcoms Online one time. But just today, i had this one old geezer here at the hotel who started on all your troubles being because of that n****r Obama and i just tore into him saying no, your troubles started with his predecessor the asshole called bush, to which he finally agreed. Anyway, let's get offa that and go back to the show . . . Brock's favorite show Mad Men made it to number five in best dramatic series. What was the number one drama? Oh yeah, just came back to me, E R which i watched no more than a few times. Which animal won for non person? Hope it was Lassie. I grew up with that show.

Hot chocolate and doughnuts! Now THIS is one of many reasons I like you! :lucythrill:

I'm kinda partial to you too and your intelligent posts. Keep em' comin! Yes, i'm afraid i'm quite the chocoholic! The other day, they had me try this WHITE CHOCOLATE hot chocolate and yes, it was creamier, but isn't the whole point of a HOT CHOCOLATE that it should be C H O C O L A T E in the first place? :lucythrill:

Trust me, you dun't WANT to discuss politicians with me anyway, i get into more trouble that way, that's what got me kicked off Sitcoms Online one time. But just today, i had this one old geezer here at the hotel who started on all your troubles being because of that n****r Obama and i just tore into him saying no, your troubles started with his predecessor the asshole called bush, to which he finally agreed. Anyway, let's get offa that and go back to the show . . . Brock's favorite show Mad Men made it to number five in best dramatic series. What was the number one drama? Oh yeah, just came back to me, E R which i watched no more than a few times. Which animal won for non person? Hope it was Lassie. I grew up with that show.

Lassie came in second. Kermit won. Which I was fine with. Just one more thing about politics and then I promise thats all. Whoever called President Obama the n word is an ahole. There is such a thing as respectful debate.

Lassie came in second. Kermit won. Which I was fine with. Just one more thing about politics and then I promise thats all. Whoever called President Obama the n word is an ahole. There is such a thing as respectful debate.

Exactly, that's why i BLEW UP at him, he's from Chicago so i never expected that kind of language from someone in a large city, i can only imagine what he would have said about me had i told him i was gay. These people are the ones who get me so upset about politics, these ignorant morons . . .anyway, last word on that for me too. I only brought it up because it happened this morning. I think all of us should be ashamed of ourselves, how could we NOT know that ILL would win when they filmed something in Jamestown and had her two kids on this special?????

Exactly, that's why i BLEW UP at him, he's from Chicago so i never expected that kind of language from someone in a large city, i can only imagine what he would have said about me had i told him i was gay. These people are the ones who get me so upset about politics, these ignorant morons . . .anyway, last word on that for me too. I only brought it up because it happened this morning. I think all of us should be ashamed of ourselves, how could we NOT know that ILL would win when they filmed something in Jamestown and had her two kids on this special?????

Ya that should have tipped us all off. But I was worried when Barbara showed those I Love Lucy clips on The View that it meant it hadn't won.

Fingers crossed!!! :lucythrill:

Desi looks good and healthy tonight!

But Lucie is 61 NOT 62!!! What a tribute to Lucy, though...BEST show of all time.

MIA: Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke, The Honeymooners, Friends, Roseanne and of course The Tammy Grimes Show.

As always with these "Best of" tributes, hits of the distant past are forgotten in the voting process: Burns and Allen, Phil Silvers, Your Show of Shows, Milton Berle, The Defenders, Bewitched....the list goes on and on.

Ya that should have tipped us all off. But I was worried when Barbara showed those I Love Lucy clips on The View that it meant it hadn't won.

No, i think she showed them for people to tune in. I haven't watched The View yet in this new season, the guests on all daytime talk shows lately suck so i'm sleeping in and watching the nighttime ones instead which aren't much better.

But Lucie is 61 NOT 62!!! What a tribute to Lucy, though...BEST show of all time.

MIA: Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke, The Honeymooners, Friends, Roseanne and of course The Tammy Grimes Show.

As always with these "Best of" tributes, hits of the distant past are forgotten in the voting process: Burns and Allen, Phil Silvers, Your Show of Shows, Milton Berle, The Defenders, Bewitched....the list goes on and on.

Oh you're right, although Everybody Loves Raymond was mentionned, not Roseanne. And Mr Television, Uncle Miltie, the man who sold more sets at that time and was Mr Tursday night wasn't mentionned either, maybe because this was more high brow choices than his type of humor. Honeymooners i thought would be included. Maybe if we had the list of the other five of the top ten, some of these would be there.

Archived