UPDATED: "I Love Lucy" named Best TV Show of All Time!

HarryCarter

The one thing that bothered me was how short the interview clips were. I know I said that yesterday. I do wish she would have let the interviews play out longer. Otherwise I guess Brock is right. We don't have to much to complain about.

But this is a forum and if every one of those posts said how great everything was, it would be boring, instead we were honest and said exactly what we thought, i thought that was what forums were for, to be honest, discuss, state differing views and honest opinions?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't like Downton Abbey either.

WHAT? Bought the first season this past Sunday, watched every show and know for a fact it will beat Mad men for best drama next Sunday at the Emmys. And when Barbara does the next version of this BEST OF special ten years from now, Downton Abbey will get best drama EVER! LOL!

Geez, last time i looked, this was supposed to be a place where you can state your opinion without getting hit in the head for it, remember?

Well like I said before,im not backing off on what I said yesterday. I still think the special could have been much better and more INSIGHTFUL if Barbara had let those who were in the show or involved with the show speak longer. I know what your saying about the talking heads. I was only saying that Brock is right in that in the end we got what we wanted.

Just because ILL was named best TV show of all time means we don't have a right to complain about the rest of this snorefest? Yes, the Lucy parts were great, but since it was the best of all time they perhaps should've devoted a little more time on it and expanded the interview with the kids. A tour of the soundstage would have been awesome too, Lucie and Desi hadn't been back since they were little. Just sayin'.

And is Babs getting old or what? Lucie and Desi had to hold her up when they were walking around the old studio...

Well yeah, she hates to be seen with her cane or walker, especialy on a special, on The View they push her to get her all the way to her chair.

WHAT? Bought the first season this past Sunday, watched every show and know for a fact it will beat Mad men for best drama next Sunday at the Emmys. And when Barbara does the next version of this BEST OF special ten years from now, Downton Abbey will get best drama EVER! LOL!

When it first aired on PBS you said it was "B O R I N G" except for Thomas the Footman's gay storyline.

But this is a forum and if every one of those posts said how great everything was, it would be boring, instead we were honest and said exactly what we thought, i thought that was what forums were for, to be honest, discuss, state differing views and honest opinions?

True. And you always make sure these forums are not boring Claude. :lucythrill:

Everybody seems to be voicing their own opinions here.

Well yeah, she hates to be seen with her cane or walker, especialy on a special, on The View they push her to get her all the way to her chair.

I thought maybe she was drunk. :gary:

Howcome everyone's getting butthurt by the fact some people didn't think this special was all that ... special? You guys didn't create it yourselves, did ya? LOL

Well like I said before,im not backing off on what I said yesterday. I still think the special could have been much better and more INSIGHTFUL if Barbara had let those who were in the show or involved with the show speak longer. I know what your saying about the talking heads. I was only saying that Brock is right in that in the end we got what we wanted.

What, you're doing RERUNS now? LOL! I know, i get it, Brock is always R I G H T ! But i'm old and at my age we say what we want when we want, Kate, Lucy, Bette and now me, we shoot from the hip and hang the consequences, at least we are NOT boring. The only other thing i want to say is that Harry should be happy that HIS thread is going like gangfire, post after post, opinions galore, it just goes like crazy and when was the last time a thread went off like this, so fast and so bold and entertaining, hey, it's better than that special was, LOL! Sorry, had one last one left in me. I'm ok now. :ill::gasp::lucydesi::professor::peachonthebeach: Whereas the post they seem to want are the ones that cause this . . . :ido:

I thought maybe she was drunk. :gary:

Howcome everyone's getting butthurt by the fact some people didn't think this special was all that ... special? You guys didn't create it yourselves, did ya? LOL

I know, i just had the same thought, what if they were listed as consultants at the end, i missed recording the credits and Babs got cut off mid sentence on my recording of it!

What, you're doing RERUNS now? LOL! I know, i get it, Brock is always R I G H T ! But i'm old and at my age we say what we want when we want, Kate, Lucy, Bette and now me, we shoot from the hip and hang the consequences, at least we are NOT boring. The only other thing i want to say is that Harry should be happy that HIS thread is going like gangfire, post after post, opinions galore, it just goes like crazy and when was the last time a thread went off like this, so fast and so bold and entertaining, hey, it's better than that special was, LOL! Sorry, had one last one left in me. I'm ok now. :ill::gasp::lucydesi::professor::peachonthebeach: Whereas the post they seem to want are the ones that cause this . . . :ido:

:marionstrong: Yes I have a tendency to repeat myself.

When it first aired on PBS you said it was "B O R I N G" except for Thomas the Footman's gay storyline.

One does not base a review on O N E show, when i saw a whole season, i got to know the characters and fell in love with it, which didn't happen to me with Mad Men, LOL! And another thing, when i watch this special again, if i ever find an hour and a half to waste, i'm sure i will know what to expect and thereby love it more. :lucythrill:

True. And you always make sure these forums are not boring Claude. :lucythrill:

Hey, i live for this shit! Please understand, when you guys get older, i mean real OLD like me, you'll realize that they're gonna put us in the ground, so you don't sweat the small things, and just tell it like it is and let the chips fall where they may. :lucyblah:

This petty bitching and moaning isn't my issue, but thanks for asking.

They named ILL the Best Comedy, the Best Friggin' TV Show of All Time, included interviews with Lucie, Desi, Gregg Oppenheimer, flew a camera crew out to Jamestown to film LucyFest...I'm just amazed that despite giving each one of us exactly what we wanted, some of you are still finding stuff to complain about. I should be used to it by now. LOL Complaining about too much Barbara Walters, complaining about the interviews being too short, complaining about it being "boring"...one of you suggested that you could do a better job of it in your sleep. Go for it!

:peachonthebeach:

Hey, it was a JOKE, if anyone here repeats the same crap over and over, it's me, i'm so old i forget i already said it ten times before. :marionstrong::lucythrill:

Speaking of old, did anyone else think Barbara seemed a little thin skinned when she was talking about Bawa Wawa? You can tell it really gets to her. I remember watching Jimmy Kimmel joke about the changes in vocabulary over the years "A tweet is something Barbara Walters used to give her dog" I was rolling on the floor but Barbara didnt look to thrilled. The next day on The View she complained about it.

Speaking of old, did anyone else think Barbara seemed a little thin skinned when she was talking about Bawa Wawa? You can tell it really gets to her. I remember watching Jimmy Kimmel joke about the changes in vocabulary over the years "A tweet is something Barbara Walters used to give her dog" I was rolling on the floor but Barbara didnt look to thrilled. The next day on The View she complained about it.

She's always had a stick up her arse about that. I remember a story I read in Gilda Radner's autobio that Babs totally snubbed her because she hated the Baba Wawa thing. I've never liked Barbara myself. She's a phony.

When one has a speech impediment, i can understand one not liking to be ridiculed about it, but she should not wuwwy about thit. I also noticed those commercials with Jeff Bridges doing the voiceover, he has one mother of a LISP, his s's are so , well i never noticed that in his acting.

Ya I agree

But wasn't she just the perfect host for this absolutely incredible special? So well written, fantastic clips and those talking heads, well, they were sensational. If Seinfeld HAD to lose, i'm glad it was to Lucy. LOL! I did think some of the interviews and clips went on too long though, i mean ten seconds can be an eternity when you're listening to Jerry Seinfeld or Oprah Winfrey, you know, the YOU WON A CAR AND YOU GOT A CAR, YOU GOT A CAR lady. THE PRECEDING POST IS LOVINGLY DEDICATED TO HARRY AND BROCK.

But wasn't she just the perfect host for this absolutely incredible special? So well written, fantastic clips and those talking heads, well, they were sensational. If Seinfeld HAD to lose, i'm glad it was to Lucy. LOL! I did think some of the interviews and clips went on too long though, i mean ten seconds can be an eternity when you're listening to Jerry Seinfeld or Oprah Winfrey, you know, the YOU WON A CAR AND YOU GOT A CAR, YOU GOT A CAR lady. THE PRECEDING POST IS LOVINGLY DEDICATED TO HARRY AND BROCK.

:lol: kiss kiss

Oh god - I went to bed and we were on page 5 and I wake up and it's already page 9 :lucyhorror: I hate reading first thing when I wake up!!!! :lucyeww:

Nothing against anyone but I lose interest quickly when so many posts come through overnight, don't have the head space to read everything - does my head in.

Archived