C L A U D E

OTHER FAMOUS PEOPLE WHO DIED

HarryCarter    1,022

Bob Einstein, of “Super Dave Osborne” and Curb Your Enthusiasm fame, has died at 76. His father was Harry Einstein, Who died at Lucy and Desi’s Friars Club roast, and his brother is Albert Brooks. Bob also was the head writer of Van Dyke & Company, on which Lucy appeared. 

• Sad 1

Freddie2    828

Not only is Finney’s Poirot one of the great film performances of all time (he was in his 30s!), but Sidney Lumet’s Murder on The Orient Express is one of the most masterfully crafted and entertaining movies of the 70s. Check it out! I believe it’s free to stream with Amazon Prime. 

Freddie2    828

The last great director of Hollywood's Golden Age, Stanley Donen has passed away at 94. Beyond his incredible legacy of films, it should be noted on the eve of the Oscars that he gave one of the greatest acceptance speeches of all time.

giphy.gif

HarryCarter    1,022

Stanley Donen’s speech is the ultimate example of why the lifetime achievement awards should be part of the main Oscar ceremony!

It never occurred to me how young Stanley Donen was when he began directing these classic musicals. Prior to that, he was a cadet in Best Foot Forward.

I thought he and Elaine May seemed like a fun couple.  

• Like 2

Freddie2    828
11 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

I thought he and Elaine May seemed like a fun couple.  

Apparently the silver pendant he wore so frequently in his later years read “If found, return to Elaine May”. That’s about the sweetest and most on-brand representation of what their coupling must’ve been like.

Freddie2    828
1 hour ago, HarryCarter said:

Richard Erdman, who appeared with Lucy in Easy Living and played the disgruntled supermarket manager in Lucy Loses Her Cool, has died at 93.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/richard-erdman-dead-community-stalag-917730

Just from briefly scanning his IMDb page you realize that he was in everything. I thought he had already passed. Not many can boast that they've been in Mr. Skeffington and Dr. Ken- nor would they admit it!