Lucy Sightings!

Brock

Should have kicked it years ago. Now you tens of thousands of viewers will have to find something else to slightly amuse you. :lucydisgust:

I know you don't like it, but the first three seasons of that show were genius. Four and five were spotty but mostly hilarious, six being the first let down (in my opinion) and seven just being parody of what the show was in it's glory. I haven't seen anything from this season and I don't plan on buying it when it's releases in the fall---I'm content with what I have, maybe I'll splurge on a complete series set when the time comes.

Should have kicked it years ago. Now you tens of thousands of viewers will have to find something else to slightly amuse you. :lucydisgust:

I never got completely into The Office, but it does do fairly well in the ratings (very well by NBC standards). The Dwight spin-off is supposed to happen the season after next, if it happens at all.

I never got completely into The Office, but it does do fairly well in the ratings (very well by NBC standards). The Dwight spin-off is supposed to happen the season after next, if it happens at all.

Hey, you have to know i am kidding when i say things like that, i just cannot get over how few people watch A N Y show nowadays. I'll never forget the time i bought Variety for the first time in years and i thought they made an error as they listed all these 2.3 and 1.7 when i was used to 17.4 and 21.3 in the old days. :lucythrill: I tried watching The Office a couple of times but as is the case with most shows on TV these days, just could not get into it, and the fact that i have NEVER liked Steve Carrel does not help. Liked his comedy bits on many award shows though.

Amanda Seyfried was on Conan tonight and was talking about how she doesn't think Botox is a good idea. She said she thinks women should tape up their faces instead and says that what Lucille Ball used to do. She did, however, say Lucy slept with it on, which is not true.

I wonder if Gary slept with his toupee on. Has anyone ever seen a shot of him without it?

Also more Lucy mentions in two books i saw downtown today, one on Judy Garland where there's a pic of Lucy at the taping of Judy's first CBS show and another book on Ed Sullivan also has several Lucy mentions, including their Flip Wilson show appearance together. Had no idea Ed's wife died of a ruptured aorta, just like Lucy and John Ritter.

The only people who don't seem to be bored with that particular subject are you and Taylor...so let's keep it segregated to that thread. LOL

:ido:

Yeah but leave room here so you and Joyce can tell us what the Royals are up to and when exactly they did everything they do. That is so fascinating and thrilling to read about. :ido::ido::ido::ido::ido:

Yeah but leave room here so you and Joyce can tell us what the Royals are up to and when exactly they did everything they do. That is so fascinating and thrilling to read about. :ido::ido::ido::ido::ido:

You seem to be the only one who randomly references the Royals in non-royal related threads. :) If it was kept in one thread it would be much easier for you to avoid. :lucythrill:

You seem to be the only one who randomly references the Royals in non-royal related threads. :) If it was kept in one thread it would be much easier for you to avoid. :lucythrill:

Or all of this could have been avoided if you had been reasonable about letting me discuss a book that you are pissed about because it reveals these royals to be as scummy as the rest of the world in their sexual habits. It was nice knowing you, for the most part. Adios amigo.

I don't know how you include me in the 'Royals' 'anything'; cause I know not.... thank you very much for thinking of me, though, Claudie!

Not sure this counts but...today at work a couple randomly told me that they happened across I Love Lucy on tv in their hotel this morning and left later than hoped to catch it all. We had quite the discussion, lovely people!

Cool! What do you do?