Lucy Sightings!

Brock

I'm not a fan of reality T.V., but for some reason I decided to watch Tia and Tamera on Bravo today and found a Lucille Ball mention! Tamera was wearing a navy dress with white polka dots and said, "Do I look like Lucille Ball? I feel like I'm channeling her today; not her color though." Lol, I knew I liked them for a reason!

I'm not a fan of reality T.V., but for some reason I decided to watch Tia and Tamera on Bravo today and found a Lucille Ball mention! Tamera was wearing a navy dress with white polka dots and said, "Do I look like Lucille Ball? I feel like I'm channeling her today; not her color though." Lol, I knew I liked them for a reason!

C O O L ! Never heard of them, what is the show called and when is it on? I watched Scarface with Al Pacino and was surprised at the Lucy and Ricky Ricardo mention in the middle of it, although Al plays an expatriate Cuban so i guess it was inevitable. :lucydesi:

C O O L ! Never heard of them, what is the show called and when is it on? I watched Scarface with Al Pacino and was surprised at the Lucy and Ricky Ricardo mention in the middle of it, although Al plays an expatriate Cuban so i guess it was inevitable. :lucydesi:

That's awesome! They're twins, they had a show in the 90s called "Sister, Sister" and have done movies and other shows since. I'm not sure when it's on, but it just follows their day-to-day lives; basic reality television. I just know it's on Bravo and the Style Network and it's called "Tia and Tamera." Their last name is Mowry. They have a younger brother who's in the business also.

That's awesome! They're twins, they had a show in the 90s called "Sister, Sister" and have done movies and other shows since. I'm not sure when it's on, but it just follows their day-to-day lives; basic reality television. I just know it's on Bravo and the Style Network and it's called "Tia and Tamera." Their last name is Mowry. They have a younger brother who's in the business also.

Oh, i've heard of a daily show called MOWRY but i have a feeling it's a different one, LOL! Seriously, i HAVE heard of Sister, sister. I just cannot stand watching ANY reality show, bring back REAL stars in REAL dramas or comedies and let reality crap disapear, PUHLEEEEEEEEEEZE! Speaking of that crap and it's QUASY stars, snookie had a baby boy! Never seen the show but i'm glad the slutty drunken mess is settling down.

Oh, i've heard of a daily show called MOWRY but i have a feeling it's a different one, LOL! Seriously, i HAVE heard of Sister, sister. I just cannot stand watching ANY reality show, bring back REAL stars in REAL dramas or comedies and let reality crap disapear, PUHLEEEEEEEEEEZE! Speaking of that crap and it's QUASY stars, snookie had a baby boy! Never seen the show but i'm glad the slutty drunken mess is settling down.

Haha I'm the same way, I hate reality t.v., but something pulled me to that show today. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that NOTHING was on t.v. today. But I'm glad I watched it, if only for the Lucy mention! And Jersey Shore is pure stupidity, but I do hope they start settling down. I'm tired of seeing them get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars an episode (unless they've gotten a raise) just to party and act like idiots!

Haha I'm the same way, I hate reality t.v., but something pulled me to that show today. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that NOTHING was on t.v. today. But I'm glad I watched it, if only for the Lucy mention! And Jersey Shore is pure stupidity, but I do hope they start settling down. I'm tired of seeing them get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars an episode (unless they've gotten a raise) just to party and act like idiots!

Right now, they're giving an image to the rest of the Italian American community that's worse than the Mafia ever did, LOL!

Was watching Access Hollywood and they showed the Sofia Vergara dressed as Lucy and had a little side by side comparison of her and Lucy.

Yeah, i'm seeing that picture absolutely EVERYWHERE! The way Sofia distorted her mouth in that grotesque way, it's like hearing her horrible accent on the show.

Right now, they're giving an image to the rest of the Italian American community that's worse than the Mafia ever did, LOL!

Agreed!

Was watching Access Hollywood and they showed the Sofia Vergara dressed as Lucy and had a little side by side comparison of her and Lucy.

Not surprising, I once heard or read an interview where someone asked Lucie Arnaz if Lucy would like Sofia and she said Lucy would love her. Can't remember where the interview was from or I'd post it, but I did find a video of Sofia in Lucy attire: http://www.star103fm.com/videos/entertainment/celebrity-news/sofia-vergara-channels-lucy-ball/vdbkd/ I love her and it's not bad, but her mouth-expression is a little too exaggerated for me!

Not surprising, I once heard or read an interview where someone asked Lucie Arnaz if Lucy would like Sofia and she said Lucy would love her. Can't remember where the interview was from or I'd post it, but I did find a video of Sofia in Lucy attire: http://www.star103fm.com/videos/entertainment/celebrity-news/sofia-vergara-channels-lucy-ball/vdbkd/ I love her and it's not bad, but her mouth-expression is a little too exaggerated for me!

She's very talented and quite beautiful BUT her accent just drives me up the wall, so whiny and annoying, and along with that kid on That 70's show, i never understand any of their jokes, him especially.

What drove me crazy were the blog posts saying Sofia was "adopting one of Lucy's signature poses." Excuse you? LOL :lucyshock:

What drove me crazy were the blog posts saying Sofia was "adopting one of Lucy's signature poses." Excuse you? LOL :lucyshock:

LOL! Yeah, same as you could say Angelina (Let me adopt you) Jolie adopted another Lucy pose as she shoved her leg through the slit of her dress for photographers on any award show lately.

I know! Lol. If anything she was trying to adopt one of Lucy's funny faces, but they were showing her next to a beautiful picture of Lucy out of costume. Sofia was more like Lucy Ricardo than Lucille Ball. I know they are the same person, but they should of put a side-by-side picture of Sofia with Lucy in character.

She's very talented and quite beautiful BUT her accent just drives me up the wall, so whiny and annoying, and along with that kid on That 70's show, i never understand any of their jokes, him especially.

I've also heard 'Sofia Vergara is the new female Desi Arnaz!' Didn't they say that about Wilmer Valderrama when he first started on T70S?! I guess any TV comedy star with a Spanish accent is a new form of Desi!

Caught Pretty Woman on t.v. today for the umpteenth time just in time to see one of my favorite scenes in the movie: Julia Roberts laughing hysterically at Lucy stomping grapes. Love that they put Lucy in that movie! Also, I found some DVD's the other day called, "The Decade You were Born." The 50's DVD had no mention of Lucy; however, the 60's DVD had a picture of her on the cover, yet no mention that I know of. The back said that it had one show from the sixties, a song, and a few other things, but none that I recall had anything to do with Lucy or TLS. Unless the back was just a snippet of what the DVD's included. Anyway, thought it was nice that they put her picture on there, at the VERY least.

http://connect.collectorz.com/movies/database/the-decade-you-were-born-the-60s

Caught Pretty Woman on t.v. today for the umpteenth time just in time to see one of my favorite scenes in the movie: Julia Roberts laughing hysterically at Lucy stomping grapes. Love that they put Lucy in that movie! Also, I found some DVD's the other day called, "The Decade You were Born." The 50's DVD had no mention of Lucy; however, the 60's DVD had a picture of her on the cover, yet no mention that I know of. The back said that it had one show from the sixties, a song, and a few other things, but none that I recall had anything to do with Lucy or TLS. Unless the back was just a snippet of what the DVD's included. Anyway, thought it was nice that they put her picture on there, at the VERY least.

http://connect.collectorz.com/movies/database/the-decade-you-were-born-the-60s

I thought it was another Roberts movie that featured an extended Lucy scene, could it be Mona Lisa Smile? It was set in the fifties and you see the whole family watching Lucy i think.

I thought it was another Roberts movie that featured an extended Lucy scene, could it be Mona Lisa Smile? It was set in the fifties and you see the whole family watching Lucy i think.

Julia Roberts' Bea Benadaret-look-a-like roommate discusses Lucy in Mona Lisa Smile, but I don't think they are shown watching it.