The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread! (Vol. 2)

Brock

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re the bottom picture . . . i always hated those H U M O N G O U S curls, but they did make her look more sophisticated, however, i kept thinking they used huge Campbell's soup cans to get that effect.

Only photoshoot I really didn't like. She looks gorgeous but that hair reminds me of a homecoming updo.

$T2eC16FHJH8E9qSEUc7MBQrDqORpY!~~60_57.JPG

Now, THIS is a beautiful Lucille smile; reaches her eyes; definately candid; and long before she had those damn straight 'wooden'-looking teeth put in of latter years....

Does anyone KNOW why she has a cigarette in 90% of her photos? Thanks if you KNOW....

here comes Claude...

Now, THIS is a beautiful Lucille smile; reaches her eyes; definately candid; and long before she had those damn straight 'wooden'-looking teeth put in of latter years....

Does anyone KNOW why she has a cigarette in 90% of her photos? Thanks if you KNOW....

here comes Claude...

Huh, dunno, maybe because she was always a chain smoker? She looks just lovely there, oh, so that IS Hedda Hopper then, thought she looked like her. And i think your 90% figure is off the mark, 10% would be more likely. Maybe even less than that.

Maybe that was a break in filming or something and she was having a quick ciggie. Don't think she ever acted with a cigarette if the situation didn't call for it.

Well, when she started out, it was not a common thing for a woman to smoke, and later on, she was deeply concerned about her image and seemed to try and NOT be photographed smoking, this even more so when all those cancer scares came out.

Maybe not 90% but it's a pretty good %. It' s something I'm starting to notice more.

What's the story with the teeth?

Is the movie That's Right, You' re Wrong?

I'll try to remember to remind you when I see one. That could be the reason she never smiled much after she got those 'boxers'....

Found one, this THREAD, page 6, Brock: 8/29/12; click on the picture to enlarge it; you'll see what I mean. This is NOT the best example; but, it'll give you an idea. Sometimes she will smile, and you can see clearly how poorly her dentist took care of her.

And, maybe that's why she didn't smile widely ... see what you think.

If I see a 'more clear' shot of my example, I'll post it. I tried to bring this picture over here to this page; but, no dice.

I'll try to remember to remind you when I see one. That could be the reason she never smiled much after she got those 'boxers'....

Found one, this THREAD, page 6, Brock: 8/29/12; click on the picture to enlarge it; you'll see what I mean. This is NOT the best example; but, it'll give you an idea. Sometimes she will smile, and you can see clearly how poorly her dentist took care of her.

And, maybe that's why she didn't smile widely ... see what you think.

If I see a 'more clear' shot of my example, I'll post it. I tried to bring this picture over here to this page; but, no dice.

Teeth are a sensitive subject with me, BUT, i clearly understand that Lucy never got them taken of properly as a kid and young adult as her family didn't have the money to do so. So, it was taken care of at the studios i'm sure. Lately, i've noticed how bad all their teeth are, Lucy and Desi at the bottom, Viv and her crooked ones, even Lucie in that close up where she tributes her mom. I remember Lucy commenting once on how much she was trying to get the kids' teeth fixed, straightened and so on, but i wish these people had befriended a great dentist, he could have retired a rich man.

Archived