The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread! (Vol. 2)

Brock

Sondheim is such a sophisticate, all his songs are quite highbrow, not the hummable type, hence my remark.

Maria

America

Somewhere

Comedy Tonight

Some People

Let Me Entertain You

Everything's Coming Up Roses

Together, Wherever We Go

Rose's Turn

The Little Things You Do Together

Being Alive

The Ladies Who Lunch

Losing My Mind

I'm Still Here

Not While I'm Around

Send In The Clowns

Yeah, Sondheim better step it up if he wants to get a hit under his belt. He's not getting any younger, you know. ;)

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of Ladies who lunch, done so well by the great Elaine Stritch, Greg in Hollywood is featuring IN PERFORMANCE AT THE WHITE HOUSE from 2010, a one hour show again featuring Elaine who does another great standard, I'M STILL HERE! Absolutely sensational. Shirley MacLaine did it in Postcards from the edge, but Elaine who never sings that well, is just a powerhouse who does it in her own way and brought down the house. Another great example of someone whose personality and endurance surpasses her singing ability. Ever see her do I`M JUST A BROADWAY BABY, one of my all time faves.

You're aware that every song you mentioned in this post was written by Stephen Sondheim, right? ;)

Maria

America

Somewhere

Comedy Tonight

Some People

Let Me Entertain You

Together, Wherever We Go

Rose's Turn

Being Alive

The Ladies Who Lunch

Losing My Mind

I'm Still Here

Not While I'm Around

Send In The Clowns

Yeah, Sondheim better step it up if he wants to get a hit under his belt. He's not getting any younger, you know. ;)

I never said he never had any HITS, i said his songs were very highbrow, now some of those listed he corraborated with someone else, i'm talking about the ones he did on his own. Being Alive is a perfect example, not your average standard tune. All the great standards you list there he did with some of the greats in the buisiness. He was sorta the Lennon to Jules Styne's McCartney.

Very rare. Look at that hair! And no eye lashes! Great picture! Well besides that man she is feeding...

Looks like she's channelling a lil Judy Garland

She looks so natural and so ravishing. I don't know if she wore caps on her teeth, but even her smile looks different.

Just so basic and so naturally beautiful!

Let's not forget the wonderful tunes from what I consider his best score..and biggest flop: Merrily We Roll Along:

Our Time

Old Friends

Not a Day Goes By

Maria

America

Somewhere

Comedy Tonight

Some People

Let Me Entertain You

Together, Wherever We Go

Rose's Turn

Being Alive

The Ladies Who Lunch

Losing My Mind

I'm Still Here

Not While I'm Around

Send In The Clowns

She looks so natural and so ravishing. I don't know if she wore caps on her teeth, but even her smile looks different.

I think she did, didn't she mention to Burton ON THE SHOW that gum stuck to her caps? LOL!

I'll probably get 'slammed' for this; but, my observation would be - posed shots were just that - er, posed; forced smile - and, in my opinion, just AIN'T possible.

Archived