Let's Talk to Lucy Radio Program

LucyImHome

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucy did 240 episodes of Let's Talk to Lucy. I've heard an interview with Lucy from 1975 in which she claims to have done 700 of them. Howard McClay attempts to correct her, but Lucy's very insistent! :marionstrong:

Yep, there were 48 weeks' worth... Started Monday, September 7, 1964, and ended on her birthday, August 6, 1965... Not ALL the guests, however, were show business celebrities. For eveample, at one point she also interviewed an exec. with a Junior Achievement organization, and on another show she spoke with a prominent dermatologist...

But, yes, it would be great to have all of these programs in a set of CDs...

T.

Yep, there were 48 weeks' worth... Started Monday, September 7, 1964, and ended on her birthday, August 6, 1965... Not ALL the guests, however, were show business celebrities. For eveample, at one point she also interviewed an exec. with a Junior Achievement organization, and on another show she spoke with a prominent dermatologist...

T.

Was she cancelled after that or did she tire of doing it or what?

T.

Does anyone have a fairly complete list of the guests?

DVD - My Living Doll -- Julie Newmar x2

DVD - The Mothers In Law -- Eve Arden x3

DVD - Van Dyke & Company -- Dick Van Dyke x2

I just realized Lucy talks to Eve Arden is on The Mothers-in-Law Dvd Set! I have it and need to check that out! Also, I wasn't aware of Lucy talking to Julie Newmar on the My Living Doll Dvd set.

Lucy talks to Barbra Streisand is available on Youtube.

Others Interviewed on Let's Talk To Lucy:

Lucie Arnaz

Desi Arnaz Jr.

Vivian Vance

Debbie Reynolds

Hedda Hopper

Red Skelton

Ann Sothern

Bing Crosby

Danny Kaye

Andy Williams

(I'm trying to find the complete list, but so far no luck)

T.

Did she ever interview the great stand up comic morton goldapper? You know, when a REAL guest cancelled or for whatever other reason?

• 1 month later...

Has anyone got a list together of all the LTTL shows that are currently on DVDS? I know the Here's Lucy ones and any that made it on to the other Lucy special disks like NBC but I've heard reference to shows being on not so Lucy related DVD sets.

Look at this thread Shel, they are listed there.

• 4 weeks later...

Another "Let's Talk To Lucy" installment just announced! "Lucy Talks To" Bea Benederet is to be included on M.P.I.'s upcoming release of Petticoat Junction: Return to Hooterville, coming in 2013!

WOW, now there's one i'm anxious to see. Having worked with Bea on My Favorite Husband and then wanting her for ILL but Bea already under contract to someone else, wonder if she asked her or talked to her about any of that.

Archived