Lucy and Desi photo thread :)

Annaleigh

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I correct that this was not the year she didn't because of sponsor conflict?

Lucy and Desi did not attend the 1958 Emmys because of a sponsor conflict. I Love Lucy was snubbed in the Best Comedy Series category in 1956, so the Arnazes did not attend. Madelyn accepted the Emmy on Lucy's behalf.

Lucy and Desi did not attend the 1958 Emmys because of a sponsor conflict. I Love Lucy was snubbed in the Best Comedy Series category in 1956, so the Arnazes did not attend. Madelyn accepted the Emmy on Lucy's behalf.

I knew that would get you on here, LOL! We've had this discussion many times before, LOL! And maybe put it in your next book, LOL!

Am I correct that this was not the year she didn't because of sponsor conflict?

That might be the reason but they had the confirmed sponsor issue for the 1958 Emmy's not the 1956. But it was never confirmed that the 1956 Emmy's absence was that exactly. I BELIEVE.

OKAY. I didn't see this before I posted. Thanks for confirming.

OKAY. I didn't see this before I posted. Thanks for confirming.

So, we're clear now hon? The first Emmycast she did not attend because she had a run in her stockings and a hang nail, the second was due to her having had an affair with the host for that night. Damn that George Gobel for being so flirty with her.

Thanks for clearing it up, these comments being on the picture and being perfectly on topic.

Seems like this PHOTO thread of Lucille and Desi has fallen off the tracks; and should be moved to the Awards, etc. thread; I can see how is 'happened'; but, JHC, pages of where, when, why, and how?

Joyce, this is discussion about a photo that was posted. The thread is still very much on the tracks.

Hi everyone! My first post here. I am so happy I found this site. I have loved ILL my entire life, started watching at age four and haven't stopped since (almost 52) :)

I am loving all of these wonderful photos. Here's one I found just now:

arnaz-ball-christmas-1941_opt.jpg

OMG, one i dun't recall ever seeing too. I was going to welcome you to the site, i cracked up the minute i saw your screenname, how original! So, welcome to the site Adele. Hope nobody whistles aimlessly here to annoy you.

Hi everyone! My first post here. I am so happy I found this site. I have loved ILL my entire life, started watching at age four and haven't stopped since (almost 52) :)

I am loving all of these wonderful photos. Here's one I found just now:

arnaz-ball-christmas-1941_opt.jpg

Welcome darling! I've always loved that photo if them! I wonder if they used it for a Christmas card back in the early years of marriage.

OMG, one i dun't recall ever seeing too. I was going to welcome you to the site, i cracked up the minute i saw your screenname, how original! So, welcome to the site Adele. Hope nobody whistles aimlessly here to annoy you.

Hee! Thank you, Claude. I'm sure I wun't be annoyed here, for "Sam will never *whistle* again". :D

Hi Annaleigh and thanks to you as well! I never saw that photo of them Before today. Oh, they were so adorable.

Archived