"The Lounge Louvre" Lucy Artwork By Fans

PuttyNose

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annaleigh, you can have Michelle. My parents thought I was going to be a boy so they were set on Michael. Surprise, so I became Michelle. Apparently my mom didn’t like that name and since I could remember started calling me Shelly (which I hate, and Michelle sounds so formal to me). Well starting off every new school year got to be annoying with the “no I go by…” So this continues through college. I get my first real job out of college and start going by Michelle, but only at work. At one job I tried to go by Shelly in the office and by Michelle to clients. Well my idiot supervisor didn’t get that and just confused everyone. So now it’s Michelle during the day M-F and Shelly off work hours. It’s like having 2 personalities, and it helps weed people out on Facebook as I go by Shelly there and married last name only, so you really have to know who you are looking for.

If I had to pick I would have been Marlene. Always liked that. A distant family member had that name and I think I got fixated on it very young. I was very happy to change the last name too when I got married as no one could pronounce or spell the maiden name correctly.

So LaMarr I’ll just call you Henry, easy to remember. I wanted to say though thank you for all your wonderful artwork over the years and wonderful photos you post. I remember you doing that a lot on the old board. I also follow you on Facebook. I check my Facebook every morning at work and can’t tell you how nice it is to see some great Lucy art or a rare photo to start my day. Keep up the good work and postings. You are a good artist and a very knowable Lucy fan.

Yeah, well try "Kenna." I was named for my grandfather Kenneth, but no one can pronounce my damn name right. I get "Kendra, Kenya, Keena, Kennerdia, Kenyon," etc. It's Kenn-uh. Just like Jenna, you don't pronounce that "Gina," do you? Pisses me off. That's why I liked the name Taylor better, then along came that dumb bitch Taylor Swift and ruined that for me too. LOL

So LaMarr I’ll just call you Henry, easy to remember. I wanted to say though thank you for all your wonderful artwork over the years and wonderful photos you post. I remember you doing that a lot on the old board. I also follow you on Facebook. I check my Facebook every morning at work and can’t tell you how nice it is to see some great Lucy art or a rare photo to start my day. Keep up the good work and postings. You are a good artist and a very knowable Lucy fan.

(GIVING THE SAME REACTION LUCY GAVE AFTER LUCIES PERFORMANCE)

Wow! Im so grateful and so touched by that. I feel its all our duties to keep the legacy of Lucy alive and vibrant :) Thanks for making my day a lot more brighter with that message, so glad your with us on FB- its becoming a little family of its own lol

Annaleigh, you can have Michelle. My parents thought I was going to be a boy so they were set on Michael. Surprise, so I became Michelle. Apparently my mom didn’t like that name and since I could remember started calling me Shelly (which I hate, and Michelle sounds so formal to me). Well starting off every new school year got to be annoying with the “no I go by…” So this continues through college. I get my first real job out of college and start going by Michelle, but only at work. At one job I tried to go by Shelly in the office and by Michelle to clients. Well my idiot supervisor didn’t get that and just confused everyone. So now it’s Michelle during the day M-F and Shelly off work hours. It’s like having 2 personalities, and it helps weed people out on Facebook as I go by Shelly there and married last name only, so you really have to know who you are looking for.

If I had to pick I would have been Marlene. Always liked that. A distant family member had that name and I think I got fixated on it very young. I was very happy to change the last name too when I got married as no one could pronounce or spell the maiden name correctly.

LOLOL OMG FINALLY IM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!! OMG!!!! (RUNNING SLOWLY FOR AN HAND CLUTCHING EMBRACE) U UNDERSTAND ME!!! lololol

why thank you! I want to pay the same compliment, but I haven't seen a pic of you yet my Claude! when will ya hurry and post one shot of that FABULOUS face!? :D

Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze, i'm ugly as sin compared to you and my pics have been shown here many many times, i'm even on film in a short interview about the weather.

LOLOL OMG FINALLY IM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!! OMG!!!! (RUNNING SLOWLY FOR AN HAND CLUTCHING EMBRACE) U UNDERSTAND ME!!! lololol

NOBODY loves their given name, i'm all for you guys calling me by my preferred middle name which was supposed to be the one used, A N D R E , you can call me Andy, Andy and Henry, together at last. LOL! And a fringe benefit is i get TOP billing.

NOBODY loves their given name, i'm all for you guys calling me by my preferred middle name which was supposed to be the one used, A N D R E , you can call me Andy, Andy and Henry, together at last. LOL! And a fringe benefit is i get TOP billing.

of the three I thought I was the top!! :) (...american dad animated joke drum riff clip inserted here)

Im all for giving people whatever request they want with their names, even thought I may not understand it sometimes-artists formally known as ziggly wiggly symbol-but hey, to each his own....... (dead pans into camera) I really hate my first name though.

lloll

Brock is actually my middle name, but my parents insisted on calling me that so it stuck. I hated it until about Grade 9 and then grew to embrace it to spite the people that called me "Broccoli." LOL (I will tolerate that nonsense from only ONE cousin.)

Nobody ever used my first name until I got to university, but since that was the name I had to register under -- and that's what appeared on all the class lists -- it just got boring having to correct people all the time, so now I answer to both.

Now, there is a whole new problem with Americans and my first name.

Person: What's your name?

Me: Brock.

Person: Barack?

Me: :lucyshock: Sure. Why not.

Or when I call New York to confirm hotel reservations:

Clerk: What name is the room under?

Clerk: What?

Clerk: How do you spell it?

Me: :blink: B-r-o-c-k.

Clerk: Oh, BRAAAAAAACK!

Me: :vanda:

Brock is actually my middle name, but my parents insisted on calling me that so it stuck. I hated it until about Grade 9 and then grew to embrace it to spite the people that called me "Broccoli." LOL (I will tolerate that nonsense from only ONE cousin.)

Nobody ever used my first name until I got to university, but since that was the name I had to register under -- and that's what appeared on all the class lists -- it just got boring having to correct people all the time, so now I answer to both.

I apologize then because i thought calling you Barack was funny. I stopped thinking your name was unusual when that golfer became popular. Oh wait, his name was Weir, LOL!

OMG, lol YOU ALL HAVE THE SAME STORIES. I thought I was alone lol Maybe I shouldn't complain so much then lol

Its not really a complaint though lol

I havent introduced myself as Henry until 2011-2012, once I made the blog and had to introduce myself to all of these different people- So please don't feel bad if any one slips n says LaMarr, Im among family so its all good :)

I honestlu had no idea so many of us felt the same about our names lolol

OMG, lol YOU ALL HAVE THE SAME STORIES. I thought I was alone lol Maybe I shouldn't complain so much then lol

Its not really a complaint though lol

I havent introduced myself as Henry until 2011-2012, once I made the blog and had to introduce myself to all of these different people- So please don't feel bad if any one slips n says LaMarr, Im among family so its all good :)

I honestlu had no idea so many of us felt the same about our names lolol

I like my middle name better, and like Claude, my dad wanted to have it be my first name. But it just didn't roll off the tongue that way so good so they flipped it. My dad didn't want to saddle me with a weird, unpronounceable name like his (Byerne -- a brownie to anyone who can pronounce that right). Yet I still got stuck with an easy enough name lots of dumbasses can't say right! LOL

I like my middle name better, and like Claude, my dad wanted to have it be my first name. But it just didn't roll off the tongue that way so good so they flipped it. My dad didn't want to saddle me with a weird, unpronounceable name like his (Byerne -- a brownie to anyone who can pronounce that right). Yet I still got stuck with an easy enough name lots of dumbasses can't say right! LOL

lolol aww poor thing. we need an anonymous group gathering!!!lolol We are Names of the NamesLess yes we are yes we are!

Is it pronounced BYEHAM? Still better than people calling you C L O D D !

Archived