"The Lounge Louvre" Lucy Artwork By Fans

PuttyNose

Its funny, whenever I draw her now, and I think Ive kinda explained this before lol, but I get this sense of airbrushing her now, that I hadn't had before. At least for drawings I share online, I imagine shes behind me lolol saying something like

"Your gonna make such a beautiful ugly picture of me?? If its gonna be pretty, make me pretty too! make me proud to see it" lolol

Im surprised though, A LOT of people from the old blog LOVED the rough sketches of just her when I do draw the details on her face. I appreciate those candids, because I loved her older face. like this one

tumblr_m84wrfMhFe1qiopcto1_500.jpg

For Halloween maybe. No seriously, i appreciate the fact that you show them here at The Lounge like SHE would want to see them. Let's remember that this woman used to be breathtakingly beautiful and and she knew as she aged that her beauty was fading and she would airbrush every single picture, trying to preserve her old LOOK. Thanks Lam, you're terrific. And quite attractive yourself so you should understand, or at least, you will later, when you get old yourself. In Hollywood, it's all about pretending and illusions. And specifically, in her case, it was all about keeping the image people had of her and being able to work in a town that sends women out to pasture at forty or even younger.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG, thanks so much for the kind words. Hope you all will have a wonderful christmas and a wonderful holiday-enjoying every part of it, as best as you can. Merry Christmas Lucy Lounge Family. Love youtumblr_mfhbs2M45r1qiopcto1_1280.jpg

Same to you luv and what a perfect picture to celebrate Christmas, Lucy in Mame, thanks for the gift!

OMG, thanks so much for the kind words. Hope you all will have a wonderful christmas and a wonderful holiday-enjoying every part of it, as best as you can. Merry Christmas Lucy Lounge Family. Love youtumblr_mfhbs2M45r1qiopcto1_1280.jpg

WOW!! What a beautiful Christmas gift to us all, THANK YOU!! Would you please, please, please do something with your great talent in the form of Lucy memorabilia, perhaps a graphic novel biography or comic book, illustrated children's biography, collectible comic book, paper dolls set, etc Dover Books publishes celebrity paper dolls, etc. You could do one for every major decade on Lucy! You are awesome!

WOW!! What a beautiful Christmas gift to us all, THANK YOU!! Would you please, please, please do something with your great talent in the form of Lucy memorabilia, perhaps a graphic novel biography or comic book, illustrated children's biography, collectible comic book, paper dolls set, etc Dover Books publishes celebrity paper dolls, etc. You could do one for every major decade on Lucy! You are awesome!

He certainly is and he certainly should!

WOW!! Thanks so much!!! Lucy has been my inspiration since I was a child, and drawing her has been an artistic drive ever since my teen years. I love to draw her!- the pictures and the clippings and the memorabilia is secondary when it comes to that, drawing her is where the true creative fun is! :)

Ive thought about working on something...but, thats a long shot when you dont have the green light or connection, or when no one wants it, so-we just post online and enjoy it amidst ourselves. Who cares any way? :)

LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing! Do you have a version where she's wearing that creepy Santa mask? LOL

THERE IS A MOVIE! LOL THAT IS ABOUT THE BRITAIN KIDNAPPERS who kidnap a class room, I havent seen the movie in decades, BUT I SWEAR I SAW THOSE MASKS IN THE SCENE THAT THEY kidnap the children. UGH, THATS THE UGLIEST -The moment she puts that thing on, is the moment where the entire thing just gets weird to me. Its like, The Wife of Jim Carey's "The Mask!" lol

THERE IS A MOVIE! LOL THAT IS ABOUT THE BRITAIN KIDNAPPERS who kidnap a class room, I havent seen the movie in decades, BUT I SWEAR I SAW THOSE MASKS IN THE SCENE THAT THEY kidnap the children. UGH, THATS THE UGLIEST -The moment she puts that thing on, is the moment where the entire thing just gets weird to me. Its like, The Wife of Jim Carey's "The Mask!" lol

TRUE, ugliest Santa mask ever. And i also saw that mask in something but i'll be damned if i can remember in what.

Archived