The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread! (Vol. 3)

Brock

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the top one is from some anniversary in Vegas as that's Jack Entratter between the world's greatest comic and the jerk. Love the one on her balcony in NY with the boots but did she borrow Nancy Walker's mink coat?

The jerk, meaning Jerry Lewis?  I used to love his movies when I was a kid.  Then when I was 10 or 11, I went to a golf tournament that had a pro-amateur day.  The amateurs were celebrities playing alongside the pro golfers.  They were supposed to be there to bring fun to the event.  Jerry Lewis was one of the celebrity amateur golfers playing, and my sister and my friends and I were dying to get his autograph.  All the celebrities we asked for autographs obliged and seemed appreciative of the attention we gave them, but not Jerry Lewis.  He told us, "Not now.  I'll sign autographs for you on the next hole."  So we followed him to the next hole, and he said the same thing.  So we followed him to the next, and he again said the same thing.  This went on for several holes and he never signed a single autograph.  We were all so disappointed.  He wouldn't even smile for us.  He had a sour attitude and acted like he hated kids, although kids were his biggest fans and we were being polite.  But I have never watched another movie of his since that day.  And that was a VERY long time ago.  Then I remember about 10 or 12 years ago, he was on some TV show saying women aren't funny and there are no funny female comediennes.  Really?  He actually thinks he's funnier than Lucy and Carol Burnett?  The French may think so but I beg to differ.

The jerk, meaning Jerry Lewis?  I used to love his movies when I was a kid.  Then when I was 10 or 11, I went to a golf tournament that had a pro-amateur day.  The amateurs were celebrities playing alongside the pro golfers.  They were supposed to be there to bring fun to the event.  Jerry Lewis was one of the celebrity amateur golfers playing, and my sister and my friends and I were dying to get his autograph.  All the celebrities we asked for autographs obliged and seemed appreciative of the attention we gave them, but not Jerry Lewis.  He told us, "Not now.  I'll sign autographs for you on the next hole."  So we followed him to the next hole, and he said the same thing.  So we followed him to the next, and he again said the same thing.  This went on for several holes and he never signed a single autograph.  We were all so disappointed.  He wouldn't even smile for us.  He had a sour attitude and acted like he hated kids, although kids were his biggest fans and we were being polite.  But I have never watched another movie of his since that day.  And that was a VERY long time ago.  Then I remember about 10 or 12 years ago, he was on some TV show saying women aren't funny and there are no funny female comediennes.  Really?  He actually thinks he's funnier than Lucy and Carol Burnett?  The French may think so but I beg to differ.

Well, this is ONE F R E N CH Canadian who is telling you that YOU are right and the asshole is wrong.  Is he still bloated up on pills and medications?  That would S P L A I N his moronic comments.  I've heard of loads of entertainers who are just full of themselves but this jerk takes the prize for numero uno assholo. 

Well, this is ONE F R E N CH Canadian who is telling you that YOU are right and the asshole is wrong.  Is he still bloated up on pills and medications?  That would S P L A I N his moronic comments.  I've heard of loads of entertainers who are just full of themselves but this jerk takes the prize for numero uno assholo. 

He's not bloated anymore, but I saw him recently on some show where he was on stage attempting to entertain an audience.  He didn't appear to be in very good shape; he was getting around with the help of a cane.  He looked very old. You would not easily recognize him now.

So I've been downloading a few photos tonight and I am loving the caption.  Two funny ones involving Gary.  One captioned him as Gary Norton.  Guess Desi wrote that one.  Also there was one of Lucy and Gary at a club.  The caption has 1958.  Oh boy, wow still married and she was out on the town with him.

So I've been downloading a few photos tonight and I am loving the caption.  Two funny ones involving Gary.  One captioned him as Gary Norton.  Guess Desi wrote that one.  Also there was one of Lucy and Gary at a club.  The caption has 1958.  Oh boy, wow still married and she was out on the town with him.

Stop teasing and lay them on us babe.  And Desi called him BARRY NORTON.

Archived