100 Day Countdown To Lucy's 100th Birthday!

mikidiki

17 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1928 - August 1929? (17th year of her life)

My answer: – Move back to NY to work as a fashion model but unfortunately that did not last long as she was struck down with a rare form of arthritis

Cough, cough.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you trying to insinuate she didn't REALLY have a bad case of Arhur Itis? :lucydisgust::lucythrill:

Yeah, that's what I assumed as well............didn't she has a bad case of arthritis? I always thought she did and that's where she got her inspiration to play what's her name in The Big Street.

Yeah, that's what I assumed as well............didn't she has a bad case of arthritis? I always thought she did and that's where she got her inspiration to play what's her name in The Big Street.

The rheumatoid arthritis story was always the COVER for what really happened. And what really happened has been assumed and figured out many times, i refuse to divulge it on the grounds that it may incriminate me, LOL!

The rheumatoid arthritis story was always the COVER for what really happened. And what really happened has been assumed and figured out many times, i refuse to divulge it on the grounds that it may incriminate me, LOL!

Inbox me :lucythrill:

You have me intrigued now! LOL!

16 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1927 - August 1928? (16th year of her life)

My answer: – John Murray Anderson School for the Dramatic Arts in New York City (she only lasted a few weeks)

What do YOU think is happening when a famous person cannot account for a period of a year and a half in their lives? :lucydisgust::lucyhorror:

I don't understand though, I thought that she was unwell for that time. Do you mean that she was on D****?

ALLEGEDLY!

And the lawyer in you chimes in Brockie, LOL! I just hate that bullshit Hollywood people do, can't ask about this or don't talk about that, like when i heard Cavett say she had sent a whole folder of subject matter he could not ask her about when she did the Cavett show the first time, never expected that from HER.

Yeah, I didn't think it was just me! Thanks, Cuddles! ;)

In her OFFICIAL bio, it says she worked with underprivileged kids, helped out at seniors residences, served food to the homeless and sold war bonds in her off time. :lucythrill:

Her official 1930s RKO biography also claimed she owned a silk flower shop and was a pioneering aviatrix with naturally blonde hair! :marionstrong:

Her official 1930s RKO biography also claimed she owned a silk flower shop and was a pioneering aviatrix with naturally blonde hair! :marionstrong:

h yeah, forgot about that, she went flying from town to town selling girl scout cookies, sold silk flowers for charity at local hospitals, and was President of the Shirley Temple fan club, Hollywood division in her spare time.

In her OFFICIAL bio, it says she worked with underprivileged kids, helped out at seniors residences, served food to the homeless and sold war bonds in her off time. :lucythrill:

Yeah, and don't forget she picked up radio signals with her dental work and thus helped to foil the Japanese from attacking....or some such bullshit! As if!! marionstrong.gif

Yeah, and don't forget she picked up radio signals with her dental work and thus helped to foil the Japanese from attacking....or some such bullshit! As if!! marionstrong.gif

No, that one was true actually, they caught the spy posing as a Japanese gardener from her estimating the location to the police. That was where she got the nickname Mata Lucy. As opposed to her later co star co hort Mata Harry.

No to both.

I'm still confused but I guess no one will really know what Lucy did during that time of her life apart from the ones that were closest to her, but I'm still going to believe that she was struck down with a rare form of arthritis - after all it makes for a MUCH better story than serving food and selling war bonds :lucythrill:

15 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1926 - August 1927? (15th year of her life)

Certainly not a happy memory, but certainly notable -- the shooting of Warner Erikson in their Celoron back yard which caused so much upheaval to the family.

Archived