100 Day Countdown To Lucy's 100th Birthday!

mikidiki

Certainly not a happy memory, but certainly notable -- the shooting of Warner Erikson in their Celoron back yard which caused so much upheaval to the family.

Oh yes! I forgot about that. Her grandfather certainly caused problems for Lucy, unintentionally of course. p.s - I can't believe you remember that actual kids name LOL! p.s - I'll do a search for him on facebook :lucydaze:

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yes! I forgot about that. Her grandfather certainly caused problems for Lucy, unintentionally of course. p.s - I can't believe you remember that actual kids name LOL! p.s - I'll do a search for him on facebook :lucydaze:

His name is in every Lucy bio ever written Midiki.

13 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1924 - August 1925? (13th year of her life) (Her first year of being a teenager)

Was this the year that the real Sassafrassa accidently dyed Lucy's forehead orange in an early attempt to go red? LOL

10 DAYS LEFT AND COUNTING!!

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1921 - August 1922? (10th year of her life)

I see your trouble now, wish there was a solution to all this but when she was a kid i admired her being taught to take care of herself and having all these jobs to do in the house, like her brother Fred said, they were behaving like adults as children. And there's the funny story of her being tied to a clothes line and persuading gullable passersby to untie her saying she got caught in the line by accident when that was not the case, they were trying to keep her out of trouble and she still managed to get away. I forget how old she was when the shooting accident happened, seeing a kid get shot could not have been a pleasant situation for her.

Archived