100 Day Countdown To Lucy's 100th Birthday!

mikidiki

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

39 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1950 - August 1951? (39th year of her life)

My answers: ILL Pilot / Birth of Lucie Arnaz / "Star Spangled Revue" TV Appearance (first TV appearance featuring Hope and Ball) / “Fuller Brush Girl” Movie / "My Favourite Husband"

THE MAGIC CARPET! ("You are the image of a hippopotamus!") and, of course, The Fuller Brush Girl.

Ah yes, Fuller Brush Girl and the birth of . . . . her many slapstick talents. This is where Lucy started to show her adeptness at slapstick comedy and a comedy style that was displayed even further in her new comedy series on tv.

38 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1949 - August 1950? (38th year of her life)

My answers: Ed Wynn Show (first TV appearance of Ball & Arnaz)/ “Fancy Pants “ movie / "My Favourite Husband"

I'll take Miss Grant Takes Richmond...

followed by Fancy Pants and Ed Wynn (for the historic magnitude of their appearance)

I've tried to sit through MGTR twice now and it's unwatchable in my opinion, it really is terrible. Fancy Pants on the other hand is fun, silly, but fun!

37 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1948 - August 1949? (37th year of her life)

My answer: "Easy Living" movie

Sorroeful Jones.

"I'm taking my brother to the psycho ward -- thinks he's a horse!"

Sorroeful Jones.

"I'm taking my brother to the psycho ward -- thinks he's a horse!"

Once again I have to disagree with you Brock. It's another movie of Lucy's that I can't sit through. In fact, it's the only Ball/Hope movie I cannot watch, it's just terrible, this one truly is terrible! In fact, I would rather watch "Miss Grant Takes Richmond" anyday over "Sorrowful Jones".

Once again I have to disagree with you Brock. It's another movie of Lucy's that I can't sit through. In fact, it's the only Ball/Hope movie I cannot watch, it's just terrible, this one truly is terrible! In fact, I would rather watch "Miss Grant Takes Richmond" anyday over "Sorrowful Jones".

Good God, am i ever happpy i'm more subdued in my OLD AGE. Conversations like this one would have sent me over the edge in the OLD days, LOL! Easy Living was boring to me and she was not fond of Victor Mature as he was anything but. While she adored Hope and Holden so her fondness for them comes through in the great Grant Takes Richmond and the melt your heart Sorrowful Jones. So, Sorrowful is the best of the three with Grant takes Richmond a close second but Easy Living is far behind, another B picture that is totally unmemorable.

Good God, am i ever happpy i'm more subdued in my OLD AGE. Conversations like this one would have sent me over the edge in the OLD days, LOL! Easy Living was boring to me and she was not fond of Victor Mature as he was anything but. While she adored Hope and Holden so her fondness for them comes through in the great Grant Takes Richmond and the melt your heart Sorrowful Jones. So, Sorrowful is the best of the three with Grant takes Richmond a close second but Easy Living is far behind, another B picture that is totally unmemorable.

I think you summed it up when you said that we live on opposite sides of the world so my views are BOUND to be different! :lucythrill:

36 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1947 - August 1948? (36th year of her life)

My answer: Pantomine Quiz (Ball’s first TV appearance) “Her Husband’s Affairs” movie AND "MY FAVOURITE HUSBAND premiere" :) (Thanks to UKLucyfan for reminding me)

My Favorite Husband (started July 48) which would evolve into I Love Lucy :)

Don't jump the guy UKlucyfan - My Favourite Husband doesn't fall into this year ;-) :lucythrill:

p.s - Thanks for reminding me though, I never even had that written down in my list that I have prepared! LOL!

lol no worries. Sorry must be misunderstanding the game, you said august 47 to aug 48 and that started july 48. Not sure where im going wrong

SORRY! LOL! You're right!!! My mistake - I will go and edit my original post now. Sorry about that! :lucythrill:

p.s - I also edited the previous three countdown years to also include My Favourite Husband. I can't believe I forgot about it! :lucyhorror:

Archived