100 Day Countdown To Lucy's 100th Birthday!

mikidiki

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh i dunno, the fact that it's a small boring black and white B movie, but the two female leads save it from hell, LOL!

Are you revving up your Big Street vs. Dance, Girl, Dance engine again? Because, if so, I'm ready. LOL!

Are you revving up your Big Street vs. Dance, Girl, Dance engine again? Because, if so, I'm ready. LOL!

I have no idea what you are referring to Sir! Unless you mean Lucy's greatest dramatic acting performance in the dramatic classic The Big Street as opposed to this B movie called dance girl dance, that is mildly entertaining, very mild, LOL!

I'm talking about the dynamic, multi-layered performance of Lucy's in Dance, Girl, Dance which showcased every single one of her talents and best assets perfectly, as opposed the movie about some poor sap inexplicably suckered into wheeling the bitchiest bitch from hell down the eastern seaboard. :lucythrill:

I'm talking about the dynamic, multi-layered performance of Lucy's in Dance, Girl, Dance which showcased every single one of her talents and best assets perfectly, as opposed the movie about some poor sap inexplicably suckered into wheeling the bitchiest bitch from hell down the eastern seaboard. :lucythrill:

I really lost intrest the first time I saw "Big Street" when he started to push her to Florida.. now I find it amusing.. I like most every part of "Dance Girl".. but seriously, I don't know which I like best or which I like least... they are about the same in my book... maybe I am missing something!

I really lost intrest the first time I saw "Big Street" when he started to push her to Florida.. now I find it amusing.. I like most every part of "Dance Girl".. but seriously, I don't know which I like best or which I like least... they are about the same in my book... maybe I am missing something!

I much prefer DGD. I find The Big Street over acted that's it's almost comedic rather than dramatic.

27 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1938 - August 1939? (27th year of her life)

My answers: “Five Came Back” “Beauty For The Asking” “Annabel Takes A Tour” “Room Service” “The Affairs Of Annabel”

I heard Lucy was just doing an angela lanzburied imitation in The Big Street.

I much prefer DGD. I find The Big Street over acted that's it's almost comedic rather than dramatic.

The Big Street is more THEATRICAL hence the appearance of overacting. Comparing the two is pointless as Lucy is excellent in both but she just gives her all time best dramatic performance in Street playing the bitchiest bitch from hell, i will admit as Brock stated that her performance in DGD is more layered and touches all bases.

27 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1938 - August 1939? (27th year of her life)

My answers: “Five Came Back” “Beauty For The Asking” “Annabel Takes A Tour” “Room Service” “The Affairs Of Annabel”

The Annabel movies were terrific but Five Came Back is definitely the winner here as far as movies are concerned.

David! THanks for finding this and I have to tell you I LOVE your new avatar!! It's hilarious and I recall this but can't remember what it's from -- a Bob Hope skit?? Do tell! Thanks! :D

Yeah it was from one of the Bob Hope specials I was watching the other night. Had forgotten it myself so decided to take a screen grab :)

Better??! I LOVE it! Look a the 'spression on her face! marionstrong.gif Just wish I knew which special this was from to see if I have it or not! ohmy.gif

WHY? It's just your typical crappy Hope special with a great opening monologue followed by lousy sketches with superstar names. You can see HER in that GET UP in the Bob Hope's Love Affair with Lucy where they mercifully showed their better sketches and skipped this awful turd, showing her in the closing montage though of various LOOKS she had on his many shows. I just worry Lamaar will see it and do a drawing of it.

WHY? It's just your typical crappy Hope special with a great opening monologue followed by lousy sketches with superstar names. You can see HER in that GET UP in the Bob Hope's Love Affair with Lucy where they mercifully showed their better sketches and skipped this awful turd, showing her in the closing montage though of various LOOKS she had on his many shows. I just worry Lamaar will see it and do a drawing of it.

Because it's HYSTERICAL!!

Re: Lamar: marionstrong.gif and for all we know he already has!! ;):D

Because it's HYSTERICAL!!

Re: Lamar: marionstrong.gif and for all we know he already has!! ;):D

To you and David maybe, to others as well i dunno, to me it just diminishes her awesome talent donning these awful get ups that dillute her reputation and lower her standards as a favor to Hope, doing this crap when she was so adept at sophisticated comedy that she so rarely got the opportunity to do as clem morton was getting her these gigs, LOL! And yes, I'm sure Lamaar's got ten versions of that pic in his flawless and beautiful artwork.

Archived