The "Bored" And Talented Webmaster..Cont'd

PuttyNose

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Over the years, there have been loads of nasty comments on how unreal that partucular show was, the fact that dummy Rickty didn't even recognize his own wife but look at it impartially and see how she looks completely different from the way she usually did on the show, truly an amazing chameleon of an actress. Of course it's harder to see the difference now on those perfectly restored and improved copies of the show unlike those small images on snow filled tv sets from over 60 years ago.

Over the years, there have been loads of nasty comments on how unreal that partucular show was, the fact that dummy Rickty didn't even recognize his own wife but look at it impartially and see how she looks completely different from the way she usually did on the show, truly an amazing chameleon of an actress. Of course it's harder to see the difference now on those perfectly restored and improved copies of the show unlike those small images on snow filled tv sets from over 60 years ago.

Isn't Ricky at times pretending not to recognize Lucy because she is embarrassing him? Like in the episode "The Publicity Agent". It may be the reason he choose to play "Babalu" repeatedly to annoy lucy, which it did. Ricky at times dishes out alot of schemes at Lucy which in some cases backfires on him. Lucy and Ricky trying to upped each other is a lot of fun.

Thanks Brock for these photo caps of Lucy Ricardo in the first season!!! :lucy1:

Isn't Ricky at times pretending not to recognize Lucy because she is embarrassing him? Like in the episode "The Publicity Agent". It may be the reason he choose to play "Babalu" repeatedly to annoy lucy, which it did. Ricky at times dishes out alot of schemes at Lucy which in some cases backfires on him. Lucy and Ricky trying to upped each other is a lot of fun.

Thanks Brock for these photo caps of Lucy Ricardo in the first season!!! :lucy1:

Yes, probably, BUT, not in this particular case as you recall he only KNEW it could be HER when she went for the cigarettes in the desk drawer. :lucythrill:

Today, Brock features one of my all time favorite ILL episodes, where Lucy finally became Lucy Ricardo, one of the best eps of season one and when her character fully developed even though on that pic you can see the walls are made of pieces put together so the set still wasn't up to snuff, THE FUR COAT! :lucythrill::lucythrill::lucythrill:

Re: today's banner:

Waiting for a Claude reaction in 3... 2...

You know, this taunting me just has TO STOP, LOL! The thing is, the worst I Love Lucy episode, i e DRAFTED, pictured above, is better than all of the eps of SUPPOSED comedy shows today, you can have your Office, at 30 Rock, you can keep your Modern Family in the Middle, you can enjoy your Two and a Half Men with Glee, gimme DRAFTED over all of them, any day of the week!

Can't wait for these to end, the first season shots make her look horrible, when did she start looking great on the show, season two or halfway through season one?

Yeah, I'd say about 3/4 of the way through Season 1!

Yeah, I'd say about 3/4 of the way through Season 1!

But you know, if you look at ANY series, that's what happens, the first season of Friends even those youngins did not look as great as they did later on. But with Lucy i think it was BOTH make up and horrible lighting. Although today's is a bit better than the first ones.

Smiled as soon as I saw the ballet picture in the banner. That was such a funny scene :lucyhaha: . In my head I started hearing Madame LeMond shouting:"A-one, a-two, a-three, a-four, a-five, a-six, a-seven-eight!!" :marionstrong:

No, for me it's the EN BAS, EN BAS that gets me every time. And when you see Mary almost helping her get out of her SITUATION and not really knowing what to do when she gets her leg stuck in the BAR. And a BAR with no drinks at all too. :lucythrill:

i keep forgetting how many great eps were in season one. :lucythrill:

I know, it is one of the unique charms of season one. It was shaky at first but once the original Fab Four, Bob and Madelyn got into their groove there was no stopping them!

I know, it is one of the unique charms of season one. It was shaky at first but once the original Fab Four, Bob and Madelyn got into their groove there was no stopping them!

Yeah, but i think that's true of every show, they need to start really clicking together, the writers getting to know the characters and the actors also starting to get to know theirs. Look at the first shows of Roseanne or Raymond and the exact same thing happened. Now at the end of a series, it's quite the opposite, you know the characters so well and they are so well defined that even straight lines can get laughs. I think on Lucy, things got perfect as of The Fur Coat, because it's so good and well defined that i thought it was a show from a much later season.

Archived