The "Bored" And Talented Webmaster..Cont'd

PuttyNose

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is so typical Hollywood that they finally find the perfect hair color for her while she was doing this Dubarry movie and then they hide her new red hair under those stupid wigs for most of the film. But she's so beautiful here that not even that covered beer can wig can look bad on her. :peachonthebeach:

The closeup from "DuBarry" is a stunning grab, Brock...one of my all-time favorite "movie-star" looks. I hold a warm place in my heart for this film, as it was shown on the big screen at the USC campus way back in 1980. Not only was this was the first time that I ever saw that beautiful face in full-color on the big screen but off-screen as well! It was a wonderful evening with the presentation of the film and later, a conversation with the dance director, Charles Walters and the lady herself. She was everything you might think and more!

That's cool, Rick but how do you remember so much detail?? I mean you were all of what, 12?? ;)

Nice 'do! :lucyhorror:

So convenient, too. You can keep a lipstick, some paper money, car keys & cigarettes in all those nifty round curls. No need to carry a purse at all B) (just don't look down ... :lol: )

And on a serious note (no, really :) ) I loved the picture the other day when Lucy had the longer red wavy hair.

Nice 'do! :lucyhorror:

So convenient, too. You can keep a lipstick, some paper money, car keys & cigarettes in all those nifty round curls. No need to carry a purse at all B) (just don't look down ... :lol: )

And on a serious note (no, really :) ) I loved the picture the other day when Lucy had the longer red wavy hair.

Yeah, that's when her RED hair had it's PREMIERE on that movie set, it had just come out of the movie factory and was still warm to the touch.

Now this new one from Best Foot Forward i have never liked, the one hairstyle that is just so awful on her, it has that shallacked Ann Miller, Nancy Reagan thing like Hurricane Katrina couldn't budge that hair as there's so much crap in it. It's like the same gardener that cut her hedges on Roxbury also moonlighted by cutting and styling her hair for this movie. I think the credits for the movie read HAIRSTYLES BY EDWARD SCISSORHANDS.

Now this new one from Best Foot Forward i have never liked, the one hairstyle that is just so awful on her, it has that shallacked Ann Miller, Nancy Reagan thing like Hurricane Katrina couldn't budge that hair as there's so much crap in it.

I quite like her hair there, it's different, nice, unusual LOL

Brock - any chance you can write what movie each new still is from? Even if it's just a post in this thread?

Cheers, mikidiki

I quite like her hair there, it's different, nice, unusual LOL

Brock - any chance you can write what movie each new still is from? Even if it's just a post in this thread?

Cheers, mikidiki

This one looks like MGM's Best Foot Forward, with Nancy Walker amongst the then-unknowns! ;)

Brock: What's this new picture all about? This one isn't part of the LB100 photos. Please explain :lucythrill:

It's a memorial for those lost in the horrendous tsunami and ongoing earthquakes in Japan over the past 24 hours, as well as those in the other areas of the Pacific that have been hit by the waves. :(

It's a memorial for those lost in the horrendous tsunami and ongoing earthquakes in Japan over the past 24 hours, as well as those in the other areas of the Pacific that have been hit by the waves. :(

Yeah, even the California coast has one man dead. The devestation in Japan is just incredible, then again this is the FIFTH most powerful earthquake to hit any part of the world since records have been kept back in 1900.

Archived