"The Lounge Louvre" Lucy Artwork By Fans

PuttyNose

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O M G , isn't that one absolutely STUNNING!!!!!

Your words are always appreciated. I was going through so old posts and saw Mrs Carmichael again, and I know Ive posted the crapola out of it, but

I just want to celebrate the character. 50 years!! wooohoooo!!!

tumblr_m3oq6gjZIq1qiopcto1_500.jpg

Your words are always appreciated. I was going through so old posts and saw Mrs Carmichael again, and I know Ive posted the crapola out of it, but

LOVE the colour of this photo! It's a beautiful bluey/purple colour - what exactly is the colour called?

How long does it take you, on average, to do something like that? Wonderful as always!

Thanks! Well it depends. This one took me about 3 hours to do, but to me its not finished. Its plain to see, its a botched job, but I like

that sometimes to be shown. Id say, if its larger than 11x14 (like this one) then it may take longer.

It also depends on what you want to capture, if theres a background, and you want to stay true to it, that may take some time too.

You have to be T H E single most talented ARTIST i have ever encountered! Your work is mesmerizing, astonishing and nothing short of amazing! They just don't make enough superlatives to describe it, but keep'em coming, i am thrilled at the sight of any of them, well, maybe not as much when it comes to the OLDER LUCY wrinkled ones, but these are especially beautiful as they are from my favorite period of her life and mine.

Mmadluv7 - What is the colour called that you use?

Hey there. I played around with the color a lot, and didn't use a specific color. I always try and go for

The color of those ancient deck of playing cards. That darker, regal royal blue? Only this time I added a little

purple to it and wahlah. But theres no particular color. :) Wow, Im just astonished you ike the color like I do

Hey there. I played around with the color a lot, and didn't use a specific color. I always try and go for

The color of those ancient deck of playing cards. That darker, regal royal blue? Only this time I added a little

purple to it and wahlah. But theres no particular color. :) Wow, Im just astonished you ike the color like I do

Yes! That's what it reminds me of - the ancient deck of playing cards! I love it!

!!!OMG I didnt think any one would notice!!! lolol Heres an old one I did with that color. If I could, this would be my signature color. So distinguished and royal! :)

483041_291454877627156_368471144_n.jpg

OMG, it just never ends with you, instead of bringing out more that would start diminishing in dazzle, you come out with even more awesome ones, just beautiful!

OMG, it just never ends with you, instead of bringing out more that would start diminishing in dazzle, you come out with even more awesome ones, just beautiful!

You are so sweet.

Let me explain a bit. lol

Back then, I really didnt know the image Lucy was trying to give. I thought every bad pic was just a reflection of her desired look. I thought she embraced her over all, thick makeup look, otherwise she wouldn't have done it, and looked so pretty.( think of the Tammy Faye Baker face, "carefully exaggerated")

So-with that in mind, I captured every detail of her face, because I appreciated every detail of her face- AS I THOUGHT she had.

I loved recreating the look in the picture, because I thought the picture itself was perfect (still do)

But after a while..I started noticing, although She was okay with her face, her IMAGE was what she wanted to maintain. The LUCY image, was a timeless face she tried to keep, and that face was to stay flawless in the public eye. For example, had she not have cared about her image like some actresses like Hepburn, she wouldn't care about any kind of retouching or taking away of lines and wrinkles in her publicity department for her shows like HL and LWL.

Then I thought, if she saw most of my work, she would be happy of the essence it captured, but antsy at the candor it held. SO,

I took that concept to mind from there and I drew with the idea : if Lucy were here and in my artist studio, what would she tell me to fix (Since she knew her face above all) and I go from there. lol

Some details I see on some pics, I wanna GO THERE lol ya know, I wanna capture it, but I get that the image would suffer, so I draw a picture to details, then scan it, then erase the bad spots and retouch and rescan lol

So please excuse my adoration for her face while ignoring her wish to stay youthful :) HOWEVER, I make no promises, as I am an artists, and EVERY IMAGE looks like a work of art to me :)

You are so sweet.

Let me explain a bit. lol

Back then, I really didnt know the image Lucy was trying to give. I thought every bad pic was just a reflection of her desired look. I thought she embraced her over all, thick makeup look, otherwise she wouldn't have done it, and looked so pretty.

So-with that in mind, I captured every detail of her face, because I appreciated every detail of her face- AS I THOUGHT she had.

I loved recreating the look of the picture, because I thought the picture itself was perfect (still do)

But after a while..I started noticing, although She was okay with her face, her IMAGE was what she wanted to maintain. The LUCY image, was a timeless face she tried to keep, and that face was to stay flawless in the public eye. For example, had she not have cared about her image like some actresses like Hepburn, she wouldn't care about any kind of retouching or taking away of lines and wrinkles in her publicity department for her shows like HL and LWL.

Then I thought, if she saw most of my work, she would be happy of the essence it captured, but antsy at the candor it held. SO,

I took that concept to mind from there and I drew with the idea lol-if Lucy were here and in my artist studio, what would she tell me to fix (Since she knew her face above all) and I go from there. lol

Some details I see on some pics, and I wanna GO THERE lol ya know, I wanna capture it, but I get that the image would suffer, so I draw a picture to details, then scan it, then erase the bad spots and retouch and rescan lol

So please excuse my adoration for her face while ignoring her wish to stay youthful :) HOWEVER, I make no promises, as I am an artists, and EVERY IMAGE looks like a work of art to me :)

OMG, that is quite a process!

Archived