The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread !

Brock

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One has to wonder who at TV Guide selected the picture that accompanied the article: a rather unflattering shot sans any make-up and an un-Lucy Ricardo/Carmichael expression on her face especially since the cover shot is Lucy in all her glory, circa 1963.

I'm also wondering what Lucy thought when she saw the magazine for the first time. She usually made the cover once every season. I'm sure this is not a shot she would have picked. It's not even current. It was taken in 1959 during one of her Desilu workshop sessions.

1963cover.jpg

1963Inside.jpg

One has to wonder who at TV Guide selected the picture that accompanied the article: a rather unflattering shot sans any make-up and an un-Lucy Ricardo/Carmichael expression on her face especially since the cover shot is Lucy in all her glory, circa 1963.

I'm also wondering what Lucy thought when she saw the magazine for the first time. She usually made the cover once every season. I'm sure this is not a shot she would have picked. It's not even current. It was taken in 1959 during one of her Desilu workshop sessions.

1963cover.jpg

1963Inside.jpg

I'm sure she was not too pleased with it but must have posed for their photographer and it's a nice casual shot of her for a change.

I'm sure she was not too pleased with it but must have posed for their photographer and it's a nice casual shot of her for a change.

I agree. I really don't think that's an unflattering picture at all. It's Lucille Ball as opposed to "Lucy." Actually, the more I look at it, the more I love that picture! She looks naturally beautiful. It's nice to see a casual, unposed picture for a change.

I agree. I really don't think that's an unflattering picture at all. It's Lucille Ball as opposed to "Lucy." Actually, the more I look at it, the more I love that picture! She looks naturally beautiful. It's nice to see a casual, unposed picture for a change.

And i love that she has the collar from her shirt to play with while being interviewed, LOL! I can just see her fiddling with it all through the interview, LOL!

Unposed? She was always fully aware she was being photographed! But I agree, I've much come to prefer her "natural" look compared to her "done up" version of herself...

lucy_278.jpg

OMG, what a beautiful pic of all three. So typical Lucy to show her rings off with that pose, all famous women did that at one point, LOL! And i like the house decor although i could live without those plastic flowers, like Lee Tannen said, when she had all these REAL flowers all over the property.

OMG, what a beautiful pic of all three. So typical Lucy to show her rings off with that pose, all famous women did that at one point, LOL! And i like the house decor although i could live without those plastic flowers, like Lee Tannen said, when she had all these REAL flowers all over the property.

My guess is maybe that's her dressing room or the set, not her house.

Archived