DVR Alerts!

Easy to Wed, tonight again on TCM. 

I haven't watched this all the way through in a long time, but am doing so on TCM tonight. One of my all-time favourite Lucy film performances. She gets to try out just about everything in what was to become her bag of tricks here.

I love her deadpan delivery on the line, "That's a synch tune for the Hit Parade." before launching into pure silliness.

Lucy credited the director on this movie that told her to really go for it. It sucks that MGM was so set on her being the glamour girl that they didn't see how perfect she was at comedy. This sort of no momentum in giving her a great part like this then throwing her back into something like Meet The People is what frustrated her at MGM.

The drunk scene in this is my favorite of all her drunk scenes.

Both of you are right, the woman is just amazing, much better than she was ever given credit for.  The people at the studios were just so stupid in NOT recognizing her genius in comedy.  But the greats like Harold Lloyd, Buster Keaton knew it from the beginning.  Watched her coming back from Hollywood one today, where she types as she's on the phone and polishing his shoes and instead of tiring of seeing this one scene, it just gets better every time and is on a par with the great classic ones, how could she remember and then deliver that long angry scene at the end?

• 3 weeks later...

TV Land will be bringing back I Love Lucy; however, it is just for ONE day! And that day, appropriately, will be Valentine's Day.

Here's the schedule:

Friday
February 14, 2014

9:00am
Job Switching
This is the classic episode where Lucy and Ethel get jobs in a candy factory.
TV-G
9:36am
Lucy Does a TV Commercial
This is the classic 'Vitameatavegamin Vitamins' episode with Lucy as the Vitameatavegamin girl.
TV-G
10:12am
Lucy Plays Cupid
Lucy tries to arrange a match between a love-starved old lady and a giddy grocery man.
TV-G
10:48am
Fred and Ethel Fight
The Ricardos try to patch up the Mertzes' quarrel.
TV-G
11:24am
Pioneer Women
Lucy and Ethel demand dishwashers.
TV-G
12:00pm
The Marriage License
Lucy insists that Ricky go through the entire courtship and marriage ceremony a second time.
TV-G
12:30pm
The Anniversary Present
Lucy sees Ricky fastening a pearl necklace around the neck of one of their neighbors.
TV-G
1:00pm
The Handcuffs
Lucy handcuffs herself to her sleeping husband.
TV-G
1:30pm
Lucy is Enceinte
Constant interruptions don't stop Lucy from going to the nightclub to tell Ricky 'she's having a baby.'
TV-G
2:00pm
Lucy Goes to the Hospital
Lucy is rushed to the hospital to have her baby.
TV-G
2:30pm
Lucy's Last Birthday
Ricky plans a surprise party for Lucy's birthday.
TV-G
3:00pm
Lucy is a Matchmaker
Lucy meets an eligible bachelor, so she plans to fix him up with her girlfriend.
TV-G
3:30pm
Equal Rights
The girls insist they want to be treated exactly as if they were men until the check arrives.
TV-G
4:00pm
Ricky's Old Girlfriend
Ricky creates a fictitious old flame to make Lucy fly into a jealous rage.
TV-G
4:30pm
Sentimental Anniversary
The Mertzes have arrange a surprise party for the Ricardos' anniversary.
TV-G
5:00pm
Fan Magazine Interview
Lucy and Ricky madly prepare for an interview about happily married couples.
TV-G
5:30pm
The Black Wig
Ricky forbids Lucy to get 'one of those new Italian haircuts.'
TV-G
6:00pm
Hollywood Anniversary
Ricky tells Lucy he has a big party planned for their anniversary, but he can't remember their wedding date.
TV-G
6:30pm
Job Switching
TV-G

TLN is a weird station which broadcasts at certain times of the day in Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and English. Some of their English programming is dubbed into the other three languages and... sometimes not, for very little rhyme or reason.

This is the network's description:

"A legacy of laughter for the time-honored comedy classic set the standard for TV sitcoms. Featuring all time favorite episodes Lucy’s Italian Movie and Visitor from Italy."

I understand their market, but Visitor from Italy an all-time favourite episode? Parliament must have passed the Taft-Hartley Networks Who Broadcast In Multiple Languages Must Include Visitor from Italy Amendment. Canada -- she's a-great a-country!

That sounds like one unusual network.

OMNI 1 and OMNI 2 are even more unusual -- broadcasting in English, Portuguese, and a variety of Asian languages.

Yeah but Omni always seem to carry things we want to see that aren't anywhere else.  As for Telelatino, I never watched it as I just assumed it was all day Spanish, then I saw Raymond was on so I figured they thought, Italian is part of the Latin group of languages.  Then, one day, I saw that Raymond was on, in English, four times in a row yet but they show four, of which two were shown the previous day, weird huh?  Anyhoo, I think it was late last week or maybe early this week that I saw the first ad for I Love Lucy.  Thought it was a riot that they focus on the Italian eps for the ad, but thankfully not the little Ricky's birthday one.  Wait till they find out only 3 of the 180 focus on Italy, LOL!  Just glad to see Lucy branching out.  Maybe after, they will start focusing on the Spanish connection which usually shows up on the entire series, LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

TV Land will be bringing back I Love Lucy; however, it is just for ONE day! And that day, appropriately, will be Valentine's Day.

Here's the schedule:

Friday
February 14, 2014

Job Switching
TV-G
Lucy Does a TV Commercial
This is the classic 'Vitameatavegamin Vitamins' episode with Lucy as the Vitameatavegamin girl.
TV-G
Lucy Plays Cupid
Lucy tries to arrange a match between a love-starved old lady and a giddy grocery man.
TV-G
10:48am
Fred and Ethel Fight
The Ricardos try to patch up the Mertzes' quarrel.
TV-G
11:24am
Pioneer Women
Lucy and Ethel demand dishwashers.
TV-G
12:00pm
The Marriage License
Lucy insists that Ricky go through the entire courtship and marriage ceremony a second time.
TV-G
12:30pm
The Anniversary Present
Lucy sees Ricky fastening a pearl necklace around the neck of one of their neighbors.
TV-G
1:00pm
The Handcuffs
Lucy handcuffs herself to her sleeping husband.
TV-G
1:30pm
Lucy is Enceinte
Constant interruptions don't stop Lucy from going to the nightclub to tell Ricky 'she's having a baby.'
TV-G
2:00pm
Lucy Goes to the Hospital
Lucy is rushed to the hospital to have her baby.
TV-G
2:30pm
Lucy's Last Birthday
Ricky plans a surprise party for Lucy's birthday.
TV-G
3:00pm
Lucy is a Matchmaker
Lucy meets an eligible bachelor, so she plans to fix him up with her girlfriend.
TV-G
3:30pm
Equal Rights
The girls insist they want to be treated exactly as if they were men until the check arrives.
TV-G
4:00pm
Ricky's Old Girlfriend
Ricky creates a fictitious old flame to make Lucy fly into a jealous rage.
TV-G
4:30pm
Sentimental Anniversary
The Mertzes have arrange a surprise party for the Ricardos' anniversary.
TV-G
5:00pm
Fan Magazine Interview
Lucy and Ricky madly prepare for an interview about happily married couples.
TV-G
5:30pm
The Black Wig
Ricky forbids Lucy to get 'one of those new Italian haircuts.'
TV-G
6:00pm
Hollywood Anniversary
Ricky tells Lucy he has a big party planned for their anniversary, but he can't remember their wedding date.
TV-G
6:30pm
Job Switching
TV-G

TV Land has tinkered with their Valentine's Day I Love Lucy marathon. They have added a hours worth of commercials which means that "Equal Rights" will not be apart of the marathon nor will there be an encore of "Job Switching" and thus more "off-the-clock" airtimes. Another change to the marathon is that "Lucy Does a TV Commercial" will air in the evening as opposed to in the morning. 

Here's their revised schedule:

Friday
February 14, 2014

Lucy Plays Cupid
TV-G

Fred and Ethel Fight
TV-G

Pioneer Women
TV-G