OFFICIAL 5th SEASON "LUCY SHOW" ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

JoeySanJoaquin

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite its overall lack of any sort of taste, I'm thrilled to hear the jack-in-the-box opening is on the disk!

If her decapitated head popping out of the jack-in-the-box wasn't bad enough, they added the *sproing* sound effect.

The rest of the credit sequence is OK including those glamor (or "glamour" for you northern foreigners or northeigners as I call you) shots at the beginning. I'm sure if was only the head popping that disturbed them (her?) enough to pull if after three episodes.

The big downside is that for season 6 they didn't bother with a brand new one and it was neat that each season up to that time had its own unique opening.

The Downside to all of these goodies that we are getting for season five is how are they gonna top it for the release of season 6?

CBS, are you up for the challenge? :lucythrill:

Hey, I never thought of it that way but since they've been stellar so far and LIL is such an "icing on the cake" kinda deal for S5, I have faith they'll think of something! lucyhaha.JPG

Well it was to get CBS / Paramount to include the uncut CELEBRITY NEXT DOOR episode.

Great idea but wrong DVD set. CBS/Paramount should release THE LUCY-DESI COMEDY HOUR under its correct title but only this time colorize all thirteen episodes. Then as one of the "extras", they can slap on the unedited B/W version of THE CELEBRITY NEXT DOOR on that DVD set.

I am sure CBS/Paramount will do something big for the sixth season of THE LUCY SHOW as that will be their very last batch of Lucy series episodes to release.

Well it was to get CBS / Paramount to include the uncut CELEBRITY NEXT DOOR episode.

Oh, right. Well personally I think that boat's already sailed: if they were going to rectify it, they probably would have done it for the release of the entire series box collection but they didn't bother. Unlikely at this juncture, especially since you're talking about two different series, darn it.

Since we're getting one of the last "holy grails" with LIL on the S5 set, I'd like to "shoot for the moon" and see if they'd maybe add "the Good Years" special -- which I only got to see minutes of at The Paley Center but boy, it looked good!! -- that'd probably be my first choice. Second, La Ball's appearance(s) on Carol Burnett would be A-okay by me too! :D

Oh, right. Well personally I think that boat's already sailed: if they were going to rectify it, they probably would have done it for the release of the entire series box collection but they didn't bother. Unlikely at this juncture, especially since you're talking about two different series, darn it.

Since we're getting one of the last "holy grails" with LIL on the S5 set, I'd like to "shoot for the moon" and see if they'd maybe add "the Good Years" special -- which I only got to see minutes of at The Paley Center but boy, it looked good!! -- that'd probably be my first choice. Second, La Ball's appearance(s) on Carol Burnett would be A-okay by me too! :D

Carol Burnett?? As you say, that's a different series too.

Pity about the edit, does the front or back back cover mention any edits, or do they mention "complete and uncut"

Seems odd that they would get all the music rights for Lucy in London, but not a few music cues from 1 episode. If it's from a PD episode where the music cues are included, then doesnt this mean that the music cues have no copyright?

I'm sure if was only the head popping that disturbed them (her?) enough to pull if after three episodes.

So far it looks like they've restore this opening to the entire season. I've just finised disc 2 and its been on them all so far. I quite like it so its pretty cool :)

Cant get over Lucy In London though the quality is soooo clear, its like watching the regular episodes, after years of watching the blurred episode it kinda blows my mind, you see so much details that you couldn't before, you could even read the road name signs LOL

So far it looks like they've restore this opening to the entire season. I've just finised disc 2 and its been on them all so far. I quite like it so its pretty cool :)

Cant get over Lucy In London though the quality is soooo clear, its like watching the regular episodes, after years of watching the blurred episode it kinda blows my mind, you see so much details that you couldn't before, you could even read the road name signs LOL

Let me get this straight ... the opening credits for discs 1 and 2 is the jack-in-the-box opening?

Archived