Here's Lucy -- Season Six -- Reviews and First Impressions!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Cops and Robbers", had a good cast, with both Lucie and Mary Jane appearing, along with Mary Wickes, Al Lewis (Grandpa Munster), and Dick Sargent (Darrin Stephens). I was surprised Dick was worthy enough for a special applause, when he first came on!

Perhaps not "worthy" but by this time he was well-recognized for his role as Darrin Stephens on the long-running Bewitched! :D

Zactly, i'm surprised he took that small role. But i guess lots of people wanted to say they had worked with the great LUCY.

Well...being an out of work actor (BW had been off a couple years at this point) and a closeted gay one (at the time) to boot, I guess taking what he could get was the thing to do. Not exactly like he was Maurice Evans or somebody..... ;)

Well...being an out of work actor (BW had been off a couple years at this point) and a closeted gay one (at the time) to boot, I guess taking what he could get was the thing to do. Not exactly like he was Maurice Evans or somebody..... ;)

OMG, i forgot he was on there, i used to love that actor.

"Cops and Robbers", had a good cast, with both Lucie and Mary Jane appearing, along with Mary Wickes, Al Lewis (Grandpa Munster), and Dick Sargent (Darrin Stephens). I was surprised Dick was worthy enough for a special applause, when he first came on!

A good cast doesn't equate to a good episode!

Season 6 of Here's Lucy is a great way to end a fantastic series! MPI have outdone themselves! My favourite special features were the Lucie Arnaz spotlight, the T.E.Ford special and of course the poignant Dinah special! I watched the Mame interview expecting to see the interviewer be "rude" but I didn't find any of his questions offensive nor did I find Lucy particularly upset. I teared up in the final episode introduction - I always get so emotional like that! Also, it was fantastic being able to see our dear Doris one last time!

Now for the episode ratings

POOR

Bow Wow

Eddie Albert

Cops & Robbers

Bird Sitter

Milton Berle

Sheriff

OK

Frankie Avalon

Gold Fever

Phil Harris

GOOD

Wealthy Widow

Chuck Connors

Meanwhile Back @ The Office

Mary Jane's Boyfriend

Wandering Mother

Fights The System

Andy Griffith

VERY GOOD

Danny Thomas

The Big Game

Peacemaker

Tenant

Jury Duty

Tipsy Tulips

N.G as an R.N

Lucille Ball

Season 6 of Here's Lucy is a great way to end a fantastic series! MPI have outdone themselves! My favourite special features were the Lucie Arnaz spotlight, the T.E.Ford special and of course the poignant Dinah special! I watched the Mame interview expecting to see the interviewer be "rude" but I didn't find any of his questions offensive nor did I find Lucy particularly upset. I teared up in the final episode introduction - I always get so emotional like that! Also, it was fantastic being able to see our dear Doris one last time!

Now for the episode ratings

POOR

Bow Wow

Eddie Albert

Cops & Robbers

Bird Sitter

Milton Berle

Sheriff

OK

Frankie Avalon

Gold Fever

Phil Harris

GOOD

Wealthy Widow

Chuck Connors

Meanwhile Back @ The Office

Mary Jane's Boyfriend

Wandering Mother

Fights The System

Andy Griffith

VERY GOOD

Danny Thomas

The Big Game

Peacemaker

Tenant

Jury Duty

Tipsy Tulips

N.G as an R.N

Lucille Ball

Hey, you actually liked some, you must be mellowing!

In "Birdsitter", Harry went beyond being mean to Lucy! After conning Lucy to cancel her theatre plans with Mary Jane, to take care of a bird HE was responsible for, he announces he's going to use Lucy's ticket and go with MJ. I can't believe Lucy stood for that. I would have told him to stick his bird......(you know where)..,and kept my plans with Mary Jane!

In "Birdsitter", Harry went beyond being mean to Lucy! After conning Lucy to cancel her theatre plans with Mary Jane, to take care of a bird HE was responsible for, he announces he's going to use Lucy's ticket and go with MJ. I can't believe Lucy stood for that. I would have told him to stick his bird......(you know where)..,and kept my plans with Mary Jane!

I think you're overanalyzing, if everything was perfect, there would be no comedy. If Harry wants to use Lucy's ticket to go with Michael Jackson, that's his business, LOL! Oh wait, you meant Mary Jane, thought little Mikey had never done the show. He was more suited to The Lucy Show anyway, more young kids on that one.

I would have preferred an episode of Harry and Mary Jane hitting the town compared to how Bird Sitter actually turned out. LOL

Hey, you actually liked some, you must be mellowing!

LOL! Season 6 was actually really good! It's a shame that it didn't come back in a different format for Season 7 or at least come back as the "Mary Jane and Vanda Show"! Seeing as though Gale and Lucie were moving on it could have come back as a brand new style of "Here's Lucy"! (which in all honesty I think should have happened with Life With Lucy). They should have kept the same characters in that show - still working at the Unique Employment Agency LOL!

LOL! Season 6 was actually really good! It's a shame that it didn't come back in a different format for Season 7 or at least come back as the "Mary Jane and Vanda Show"! Seeing as though Gale and Lucie were moving on it could have come back as a brand new style of "Here's Lucy"! (which in all honesty I think should have happened with Life With Lucy). They should have kept the same characters in that show - still working at the Unique Employment Agency LOL!

Oh yeah, a sure fire HIT if i ever heard of one, sheesh!

Oh yeah, a sure fit HIT if i ever heard of one, sheesh!

I sense sarcasm in your fingers LOL! I honestly think that if the show was called something like "Where's Lucy?.........Here's Lucy" and just followed on from Here's Lucy it would have been a much bigger success. Same cast, more up to date celebrity guests, great storylines! Would have been great!

I sense sarcasm in your fingers LOL! I honestly think that if the show was called something like "Where's Lucy?.........Here's Lucy" and just followed on from Here's Lucy it would have been a much bigger success. Same cast, more up to date celebrity guests, great storylines! Would have been great!

And after her death the show could be called "There Went Lucy" starring her ghost. :lucyhaha:

And after her death the show could be called "There Went Lucy" and her ghost could be in it too. :lucyhaha:

Personally, I liked the 1989 hit series -- as seen on The SImpsons -- called "I Lost Lucy" starring Gale, reprising his role as Mr. Mooney. :hlLOL:

Charlie suggested this show idea:

No, Lucy would have to have a reality show today.

And by that I mean a scripted reality show.

It would combine elements from venerable "reality" shows of today. Contestants would live in a house together. They would get "Lucy Mail" telling them about their next assignment where the winner of each round would get a rose and the loser would be "fired." The winner/loser being decided by a phone-in vote by the viewers.

The last few fired folks would make up a jury that would pick an overall winner from the top remaining three individuals.

Weekly competitions would include candy packing, stomping grapes, fashion shows, cigarette smoking, parking long trailers, and midget tossing.

Confusing advantages from hidden immunity idols (bongos) and so-called "fast forwards" will mix things up, too.

It would combine elements from venerable "reality" shows of today. Contestants would live in a house together. They would get "Lucy Mail" telling them about their next assignment where the winner of each round would get a rose and the loser would be "fired." The winner/loser being decided by a phone-in vote by the viewers.

The last few fired folks would make up a jury that would pick an overall winner from the top remaining three individuals.

Weekly competitions would include candy packing, stomping grapes, fashion shows, cigarette smoking, parking long trailers, and midget tossing.

Confusing advantages from hidden immunity idols (bongos) and so-called "fast forwards" will mix things up, too.

"Midget tossing". :lucydisgust::lucyhaha::lucyeww:

Now THAT, i might watch!

Okay Miki got me thinking because of the whole Lucy Carter carrying over to LWL. Now what if it went like this...

A recently widowed Lucy Ricardo is urged by her son Ricky Jr (who now is a famous drummer/bandleader) to sell her house and move in with his family and his wife's father, Mr Littlefield (if you don't understand this I will be greatly upset) in New York. Mostly to get a fresh start for her. Ricky and Mr Littlefield jointly owned Club Babalu, but with his passing Lucy takes over his half of the deal. She finally figures this is a great time to get in the act and will stop at nothing for it, again.

Not that it would have worked but I thought that was entertaining enough for me.

(And just to tell those that I haven't told before)...."Cops and Robbers" was to have guest-starred either the Dragnet duo of Jack Webb and Harry Morgan OR The Adam 12 guys: Kent McCord and Martin Milner. Don't know why that casting fell through.

I don't think Dragnet was still running and am not sure about Adam 12.

Gary Collins had some Adam12-cred as I think he was a police officer on it.

Nothing wrong with the portrayals by Collins and Sergeant but it would have been even funnier with one of the other duos---especially stone-faced Webb, who was not COMPLETELY without a sense of humor.

I remember a Jack Benny special he as on.....Jack had this bit where he was on one of his NBC specials, the joke was interrupted by a purse snatching in the audience. Later in the show, Webb and Morgan as their characters who were investigating the incident. Benny was in the middle of another monologue, and when he protested, Webb read him the riot act, as only Webb could. Webb played it completely dead-pan (as if he had ANOTHER style?) and it was hilarious. Imagine him giving one of his long lecture speeches to Harry about something he did not do.

And just to meander a little:

I saw one of Jack Benny's last live performances. In the summer of 1974 he played Portland's Civic Auditorium. To get another kid (and old enough to drive) to go to a Jack Benny show was a tough-sell. I finally had to BUY the other person's ticket and pay for gas and parking. I'm glad I saw him because he died the next December. (Benny , not my friend)

He did the above bit, this time interrupted by the theater manager coming on and announcing (actual) future acts that were on the Auditorium's schedule.

Jack was as lively on stage as he ever was.....I waited by the stage door (as Mrs. Miller and I always did). Didn't interact with him, but remember how small and old he looked in contrast to the energetic person on stage. To be fair, he was probably tired from traveling and performing. And he was 80 after all.

Archived