The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread !

Brock

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, yeah, she's "strap-free" here as well as no wig to hide all the hardware under! This is Lucy "au naturel" at this point and she's already what, well into her 50s? Hello! lucythrill.JPG (But she's still gorgeous to me! ;))

Well, it doesn't haelp that the pic is in black and white, try that LIFE series of pics, same exact LOOK but those were in color and she looked fine, of course she was made up for that, not in rehearsals like here, i'm surprised she has no curlers in her hair. No wait, i think it was a TV Guide cover.

Well, it doesn't haelp that the pic is in black and white, try that LIFE series of pics, same exact LOOK but those were in color and she looked fine, of course she was made up for that, not in rehearsals like here, i'm surprised she has no curlers in her hair. No wait, i think it was a TV Guide cover.

Key phrase! :D

In the Christmas thread, Claude requested photos of Lucy season by season for The Lucy Show. Here you go:

400201941.jpg

Beautiful! I never noticed it until your screen grab that Lucy wears the same aigrette in her hair as in Lucy, The Gun Moll and Lucy & George Burns.

Another great comic actress who could have replaced Viv when she left the Lucy Show.

Nooooo, I don't think so! By the time Viv left TLS mid-stream, IMHO no one could replace her -- "sub" for her in a sense, as Southern did in a different, wonderful role (which happily, she reprised several times) as Countess Framboise...but replace her? Never! :D

Nooooo, I don't think so! By the time Viv left TLS mid-stream, IMHO no one could replace her -- "sub" for her in a sense, as Southern did in a different, wonderful role (which happily, she reprised several times) as Countess Framboise...but replace her? Never! :D

Oh for corn sakes, calm down, i meant taking over the role of Lucy's co hort in madcap schemes and many actresses could have done that.

It didn't sound like Lucy and Miss Fabrary were particularly palsy-walsy during Happy Anniversary and Goodbye, so I doubt she would have worked out as a permanent Lucy sidekick.

Lucy and Nanette once even competed for Emmys, but they had no history together, it was probably asshole peter marshall who sowed descent between them on the set. I think he's been quoted even as saying to her and Carney that they would regret the experience of working with her or words to that effect. I'm sure HE was the reason she never turned up on Hollywood Squares, a show she loved.

Oh these are all amazing, the hair rarely changed but why are some fuzzier than others, especially noticeable in color?

They're screen caps and sometimes it's hard to "freeze" just where you want to stop on a moving image, so you get that slight "blur" effect. :D

THese are both really cool though, reminds me I need to give doing another "theme" one a whirl! :)

Archived