Unpopular Opinions - Lucy style

Annaleigh

Yes, and for mom and dad's movies that they made, she added to that and won her one and only Emmy award. Nuff said. Tell ya what, if Yendor promises never to bring up that "LOSER" comment again, i'll play too, will never mention the I NEVER SAW HER PLAYING WITH YOU, with tears streaming down her sad little cheeks, LOL! :lucythrill::luciedesi:

LOL. That'll be the day. :peachonthebeach:

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, and for mom and dad's movies that they made, she added to that and won her one and only Emmy award. Nuff said. Tell ya what, if Yendor promises never to bring up that "LOSER" comment again, i'll play too, will never mention the I NEVER SAW HER PLAYING WITH YOU, with tears streaming down her sad little cheeks, LOL! :lucythrill::luciedesi:

Do you promise? :rolleyes:

Do you promise? :rolleyes:

For you, Y E S ! I actually L O V E Carole, but she owes her career to Lucy, so she shouldn't have stabbed her in the back like that. To still be in the inner circle, but through Lucie now. Carole can tell a story better than most people in show biz. Never bringing it up again, ever!

WHO? Never heard of the guy. I was never a fan of Little Lucie's negative swipes at her mom, but i'm finally letting that go, i agree with some people who say LUCIE and LUCY were very much alike and that's what caused some rifts here and there.

Omg YES! Some of the things she said, oh lordy! Haha. Lucy adored her kids but she was busy. What do you expect when your mother is the queen of television?! I do agree she has grown much even since the early 90s. I'd love to meet her, Desi Jr, and even Carole! She is one fierce lady! :)

Omg YES! Some of the things she said, oh lordy! Haha. Lucy adored her kids but she was busy. What do you expect when your mother is the queen of television?! I do agree she has grown much even since the early 90s. I'd love to meet her, Desi Jr, and even Carole! She is one fierce lady! :)

Mine would be Frank and especially Wanda. If i ever won the lottery and paid them to talk to me, then Desi jr would be first, and i would only talk to Lucie if she only talked about her mom, nothing at all about her dad, LOL!

What was it? I thought laughing at the absurdity of what they had all just done was fine.

In Madelyn's book.. the four of them (after the washer goes over the side) start arguing again about who's washer it is and who has to pay for what.. and then fade out.. but Lucy wanted a happy ending.. so they reworked it to stand there and laugh.. I kinda think it wud play better with the original idea of how to wind it up.. just my opinion.

And another thin... I really don't like Here's Lucy.. I don't know why.. but somehthing is "off" with that show.. I tried to watch season 3 the other night and wanted to scream.. except for the Burton's episode.. I couldn't find one that I would enjoy watching again.. I wish to heaven they could have written better material for her... I like most of the Wally Cox episodes.. (Might I have a Mai Tai?) .. and I liked the location colorado episodes.. but season 3 is hard to take.. if I am missing something.. please let me know.. and I totally fouled up my season 2 disk set.. and now have to buy another (damaged the whole set.. you don't even want to know).. but I am in no hurry to replace it!! I want to get season 6 just to finish the collection and maybe some will appeal to me.. but some I don't ever have to watch again!.. Why is that show sooo hard to take?? I would think a Lucy Nut like myself wouldn't care.... but at times I have to get up and turn Here's Lucy off.. just because it drives me crazy!

And another thin... I really don't like Here's Lucy.. I don't know why.. but somehthing is "off" with that show.. I tried to watch season 3 the other night and wanted to scream.. except for the Burton's episode.. I couldn't find one that I would enjoy watching again.. I wish to heaven they could have written better material for her... I like most of the Wally Cox episodes.. (Might I have a Mai Tai?) .. and I liked the location colorado episodes.. but season 3 is hard to take.. if I am missing something.. please let me know.. and I totally fouled up my season 2 disk set.. and now have to buy another (damaged the whole set.. you don't even want to know).. but I am in no hurry to replace it!! I want to get season 6 just to finish the collection and maybe some will appeal to me.. but some I don't ever have to watch again!.. Why is that show sooo hard to take?? I would think a Lucy Nut like myself wouldn't care.... but at times I have to get up and turn Here's Lucy off.. just because it drives me crazy!

Well, I found Season Three to be perhaps the weakest season of the series. I agree, HERE'S LUCY episodes aren't as re-watchable as those from her earlier series. But, surely there are a few gems from Season One and Seasons Four and Five that are worthy of multiple viewings.

Hey, after seeing her eat caviar, it's kinda hard to get used to her having salami.

Well, I found Season Three to be perhaps the weakest season of the series. I agree, HERE'S LUCY episodes aren't as re-watchable as those from her earlier series. But, surely there are a few gems from Season One and Seasons Four and Five that are worthy of multiple viewings.

Oh there's lots more than that.

YEAH... BUT TELL ME WHY IS IT LIKE THAT??? WHAAAA HAPPENED????

She had this hubby, who would hire the writers, he wanted to pay them as little as possible, so he never got the best people in the business. If she had been surrounded by better people, she would have had better material to play with. Imagine how great Lucy's later work would have been had she worked with the creme de la creme of Hollywood.

She had this hubby, who would hire the writers, he wanted to pay them as little as possible, so he never got the best people in the business. If she had been surrounded by better people, she would have had better material to play with. Imagine how great Lucy's later work would have been had she worked with the creme de la creme of Hollywood.

THANK YOU CLAUDE. :peachonthebeach:

Gee, "Lucy, the Crusader" and "Lucy Loses Her Cool" are two of my favorite episodes.

Ok Mr Fidleman, by the way, loved your Lucy book. Well, the beginning anyway. :lucythrill::lucy2:

THANK YOU CLAUDE. :peachonthebeach:

Perhaps that 'husband' was just a 'planted golddigger'!!!! 'get 'er when she's 'down'....ans she was about that time ...whaddyathink? However, he made her happy; guess, that should be the most important thing.

. . . and, she was known to say: 'she never had money, and didn't realize how much she had; and didn't need it,'

. . . basically.... when you are raised poor; then, get money; you are so used to being poor, it really doesn't mean that much to you; if, anything.

He inherited most of her fortune; we will probably NEVER know how much, and look what Suzie probably got, after THAT; which Lucille could have designated as going to charity, after her family was taken care of, of course; not to fourth or fifth wives. . . and CERTAINLY NOT to auction!!

I didn't remember seeing any 'Gary stuff' auctioned off [WAS IT?]; I'm sure he made it clear about HIS belongings after his death....

It makes me mad, to tell you the truth; and a little nauseous.

Yeahhh... but someone named Lucy had to read a script and look Gary in the eye and say.. .What the f???

Perhaps that 'husband' was just a 'planted golddigger'!!!! 'get 'er when she's 'down'....ans she was about that time ...whaddyathink? However, he made her happy; guess, that should be the most important thing.

. . . and, she was known to say: 'she never had money, and didn't realize how much she had; and didn't need it,'

. . . basically.... when you are raised poor; then, get money; you are so used to being poor, it really doesn't mean that much to you; if, anything.

He inherited most of her fortune; we will probably NEVER know how much, and look what Suzie probably got, after THAT; which Lucille could have designated as going to charity, after her family was taken care of, of course; not to fourth or fifth wives. . . and CERTAINLY NOT to auction!!

I didn't remember seeing any 'Gary stuff' auctioned off [WAS IT?]; I'm sure he made it clear about HIS belongings after his death....

It makes me mad, to tell you the truth; and a little nauseous.

Well, he did volunteer to sign a pre nup, and he did not get most of her estate, it went to her kids, he got the Palm Springs house of course and she always said he had his own money, of course it was her who had paid him that money while he was learning the ropes and then ruining the end of her career, he would get cuts of whatever she was involved in, so that was lots of moolah. Lucie said she had contact with him after her mom died, as he was the grandkids only living grandfather BUT, why the hell did she not take those awards and things of her mom's? Lucy gave to charity her whole life, so her main concern was to leave everything to her kids, even her attorney conformed that. She had started all these trust funds for them. If i recall, gary was surprised the house on Roxbury did not go to him, she had it sold to get the money to her kids, disgusting how he lived there for years until they could sell the damned thing.

Archived