The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread !

Brock

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I even posted on the old one that i hoped we weren't moving again, LOL!

Please don't do that. If anyone posts at the old Lounge it runs the risk of deleting thousands of posts off the archives. Look what happened to "The Hennarincess" area. Every single post in the over 2,000 individual threads in that section are gone for good. As is posted in the news section, if www.lucylounge.com is down temporarily for whatever reason please use the back-up board rather than the archives.

Please don't do that. If anyone posts at the old Lounge it runs the risk of deleting thousands of posts off the archives. Look what happened to "The Hennarincess" area. Every single post in the over 2,000 individual threads in that section are gone for good. As is posted in the news section, if www.lucylounge.com is down temporarily for whatever reason please use the back-up board rather than the archives.

Well, then that's YOUR fault, we should have stayed THERE! I tried the archives but it wouldn't let me in, i tried everything. And then, out of desperation, i posted there. Won't ever again though.

Well, then that's YOUR fault, we should have stayed THERE! I tried the archives but it wouldn't let me in, i tried everything. And then, out of desperation, i posted there. Won't ever again though.

You're not listed as a member at the backup board. You need to register first.

Boy, she looks really thrilled there with Gary. LOL

Yeah, what a terrible photo, must have been photoshopped to death, look at the counters of their eyes all emphasized, even HIS!

OMG YES. I thought Gary was a wax doll for a second. But then I thought who'd wanna go and see a wax figure of him? :lucyhaha: Lucy's eye looks dreadful too.

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1326310774' post='29556]

OMG YES. I thought Gary was a wax doll for a second. But then I thought who'd wanna go and see a wax figure of him? :lucyhaha: Lucy's eye looks dreadful too.

Yeah, it's like someone painted stuff onto the pic or something, they used to do that back then. My dad sported a small mustache on his wedding pic, even though he never had one.

Yeah, it's like someone painted stuff onto the pic or something, they used to do that back then. My dad sported a small mustache on his wedding pic, even though he never had one.

That was the standard retouching for newspaper back in the day...parts of faces and all were specifically over-painted/dramatized and brought out for newspaper reproduction. These prints were never for the public to see as is. There was no computer Photoshop in those days...so you are seeing the effects of the day. Oddly...when seen in the newspaper...it all worked.

Hate it when she borrows hats from Hedda Hooper.

Wonder if they were 'on loan' to her; or, if they belonged to her? And.....what happened to them when she was no longer here?

Melody Thomas Scott, Y&R star of many years, one of the original Board of Directors, L-D Center, and a great Lucy fan; told us one year she was at Festival: "we can wear our costumes only once on the show; after that, they are donated to charity (she donated many outfits, both hers and others, even a black t-shirt of 'Victor's' to a 'sale' during one of the Festivals, I forget which one; made a bundle for the Center.)

Regards, JK

Wonder if they were 'on loan' to her; or, if they belonged to her? And.....what happened to them when she was no longer here?

Melody Thomas Scott, Y&R star of many years, one of the original Board of Directors, L-D Center, and a great Lucy fan; told us one year she was at Festival: "we can wear our costumes only once on the show; after that, they are donated to charity (she donated many outfits, both hers and others, even a black t-shirt of 'Victor's' to a 'sale' during one of the Festivals, I forget which one; made a bundle for the Center.)

Regards, JK

The only thing i know about that is that Lucy had this habit of giving away her own clothes to friends all the time. And she seemed to really take good care of her clothes through the decades.

Archived