The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread !

Brock

Oh these are all amazing, the hair rarely changed but why are some fuzzier than others, especially noticeable in color?

Although Joe is correct, sometimes capturing a moving image is not that easy, I suspect some grabs are not taken from the official, restored DVDs, because they are not out yet. Most likely taken from his personal copies. (Right Jim?)

Nevertheless...great timelines and fantastic job!

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although Joe is correct, sometimes capturing a moving image is not that easy, I suspect some grabs are not taken from the official, restored DVDs, because they are not out yet. Most likely taken from his personal copies. (Right Jim?)

Yes, of course it was a GREAT job and i always wanted to see that comparison, year to year, now the blurring i thought was gauze on the lens so i'm relieved it's just a blurred image. Now Sir, you being an expert on these thins, tell me, why did Lucy look so so on Life with Lucy but then she went on with Joan Rivers and looked sensational, what's the story behind that mystery, please?

Lucy and Nanette once even competed for Emmys, but they had no history together, it was probably asshole peter marshall who sowed descent between them on the set. I think he's been quoted even as saying to her and Carney that they would regret the experience of working with her or words to that effect. I'm sure HE was the reason she never turned up on Hollywood Squares, a show she loved.

Nanette claims on her Happy Anniversary and Goodbye DVD that she had to refilm her big scene because (she implied) she was overshadowing Lucy. <_<

Thanks! That is correct. I had to use some of my home taped Here's Lucy copies for the last two seasons that weren't on DVD yet. The last Lucy Show is from a public domain release.

Yes, of course it was a GREAT job and i always wanted to see that comparison, year to year, now the blurring i thought was gauze on the lens so i'm relieved it's just a blurred image. Now Sir, you being an expert on these thins, tell me, why did Lucy look so so on Life with Lucy but then she went on with Joan Rivers and looked sensational, what's the story behind that mystery, please?

No real mystery...just bad lighting and amazingly, not a whole lot attention paid to it, as they should have. Go back to the very first I Love Lucy episodes and you'll kind of see the same thing. Over the years, special attention was paid every closer to making Lucy look even better and it showed...than when she first went on the air.

No real mystery...just bad lighting and amazingly, not a whole lot attention paid to it, as they should have. Go back to the very first I Love Lucy episodes and you'll kind of see the same thing. Over the years, special attention was paid every closer to making Lucy look even better and it showed...than when she first went on the air.

So, you're saying Joan Rivers, on her own show, made sure her guests looked great, same for herself i assume, but on Life with Lucy, they didn't spend the time or make the effort to photograph her in a better light? I noticed that thing that older Hollywood stars have of being interviewed with a lamp and dark setting, as in Lucy's with Rona Barrett, is that the ultimate in lighting achievement? Barbara Walters is famous for having a lens that takes away the years also, and i noticed she looks much better some times than others, even today, walking on on The View, her age did not show on her face but in her walking over to the desk alone, guess they can't mask everything in show business, LOL!

Kind of a 2-faced little weasel, isn't he? Thought he said he didn't actually like Lucy (here he is munching on her) or think she was capable of being a comedienne (or some other sexist comment that women can't be funny). Never did like Jerry Lewis myself. He's got diarrhea mouth.

Kind of a 2-faced little weasel, isn't he? Thought he said he didn't actually like Lucy (here he is munching on her) or think she was capable of being a comedienne (or some other sexist comment that women can't be funny). Never did like Jerry Lewis myself. He's got diarrhea mouth.

I agree, never liked him either, E V E R ! Dino was the great one in that duo!

$(KGrHqJHJ!8E63SLgUtWBO7NhTeGuQ~~60_12.JPG

you know what? I had bought this picture and I edited and cropped it, which is actually larger than whats shown.

I put it on the blog, and it took off. Since then, I've seen magnets, sketches, and pictures

all from this cropped pic. Its funny cus something can never be seen before, or rarely seen by the public-

One post on a blog and its worldwide now. I feel good that its popular, but I feel bad that I didn't put the

proper watermark on it, so people could see where it came from.

i'LL POST ANOTHER FROM (oops) this photo shoot- hopefully you all will like it.

Archived